Recent content by kretinus

1. kretinus

2022 Can Am Ryker Rally

Rolled 8000 miles last night on an evening river run, never actually stored it over winter, had enough weird "warm" days I could get a nice little ride around town enough to not worry about it, plus parked in a heated shop, getting a new rear tire after Labor Day, never did get much more out of...
  2. kretinus

Getting my feet wet again...

a few estate sale snags over the weekend, got the Klipsch B-200s for $75, like flippin new with the boxes even, and an Onkyo TX-SV50PRO for $15. After giving the B-200s a good workout, I decided to move the PS-10s downstairs along with the Klipsch 12" sub, and I have a new Klipsch 10" sub coming...
  3. kretinus

yup, still living out in Kennedy Brown, I'll have to ride over your way some weekend and say howdy, maybe talk about getting an old Mitsubishi receiver spruced up, got the hiss going on so I parked it, twere a very warm sounding thing that likes my Epicures a lot.
  4. kretinus

So we got the amp, and with zero actual knowledge of what the latest greatest technology is or why I need it, I looked for a bluetooth receiver that would do 5.0, AptX HD and have an optical out, found one with an impressive number of positive reviews including from folk with vintage gear, an...
  5. kretinus

So today I got motivated and installed my Prime Music account on our TV, a Sony Bravia about 7 years old and wrestled the TV off the wall and got a toslink cable connected to the CD input on the receiver. Not sure what's doing what to who on what end, but listening to Tool "Invincible" was on a...
  6. kretinus

I would imagine that it would not be hard to find a suitable replacement tweeter if it ever came to that, but these will be treated kindly, so I'm not anticipating the need for that, in the meantime I just keep an eye for any OEMs that look promising as spares.
  7. kretinus

It appears the cracks are on the surface, in whatever they laminated the dome with, none extend through the fabric underlay as far as I can tell and the dome itself is still securely attached at the surround.
  8. kretinus

I've been wanting to get a small system together in my living room for awhile, and on occasion browse the local marketplace, everything is way over what I'm looking for usually, either in size or price or just unappealing, and then one day a speaker pops up I've always been curious about, the...
  9. kretinus

2022 Can Am Ryker Rally

I was originally looking at the 600cc version, but I got a thing for river roads and around here that means gravel, dealer said the Rally would be better suited, I ran a few miles on one today around 35-40mph, handled fairly well. the fenders and fairings do a decent job deflecting dust
  10. kretinus

2022 Can Am Ryker Rally

If you've ever ridden a snowmobile, that pretty much sums up how you ride, you'll get tossed before it flips, you get the hang of cornering pretty quick, kinda fun being an outrigger, on gravel roads it drifts around corners pretty easily and counter steering is intuitive along with a design...
  11. kretinus

2022 Can Am Ryker Rally

If all goes smoothly tomorrow, at some point a truck and trailer from Sportsman's corner will pull up in front of my house and I will take delivery of a 2022 Can Am Ryker Rally. I was actually supposed to pick it up last Friday, but they called me early AM and said it had been recalled over a...
  12. kretinus

Show us your Motorcycles

This was my winter project, a 2007 Kymco People S 250 I bought 12/16, has about 13K on it, so we tore it down last October, new paint, new belt, bearings, upgraded the CVT to 19 gram Dr. Pulley sliders, opened up the air intake and slapped on an Emgo shorty exhaust, knocked about a second off...
  13. kretinus

Pics of your listening space

Got the painting done and everything back together. Still having issues getting the subs to work with the Yamaha's output, tried direct amp, through mixer, nuttin. At this point I don't even know if works. There's a Yamaha 5.1 decoder on CL I emailed a guy about, that might ne a solution.
  14. kretinus

At the halfway mark. I was not fond of the trim and doors with the geige, I love the trim and doors with the red, and it sets the JBLs off nicely if I do say so myself, which I do.
  15. kretinus

Before... And the war on beige begins. In retrospect, I jumped the gun bolting the JBLs to wall prior to painting, but it's an easy cut except for the top.
Back
Top Bottom