Recent content by kve777

1. kve777

Tube hobby?

Maybe start with one of these? A tube buffer can be installed between a CD player and preamp/receiver in an existing system. Only needs a 12VAC power supply...
  2. kve777

THE SoundStream Home Audio Thread

I just started rebuilding one of my DA-1's. I believe D1-D4 are Zener diodes for 75V total. revB boards have them on both rails. I'm going to use a 51V and a 25V to get 75V regulation.
  3. kve777

The filter caps should be good. They were very high quality. The little caps on the amp boards are the troubling ones. My expert engineer friend worked on one and said "I would not hook this amp up to speakers I like." I have that amp now, and it sounds great, but it's in a box in the attic...
  4. kve777

6DJ8 phono pre build/questions...

Thread from the Dead! I've been toying with the design here using Amperex 8416 tubes. Just dumped $300 for parts to build it. Planning on separate PS chassis. Might add that extra gain stage. I have a dozen or so 8416's. Mostly NOS or pulls from TEK scopes. SUPPOSED to be the quietest of the...
  5. kve777

Recommendations on a Function Generator

I have several, I like my Tektronix CFG280 the best. You can get one for under $200.
  6. kve777

Who does Vintage Test Equipment Repair?

I have a Meguro MAK-6581 and a Sencore SG-80 I'd like gone though.(Never plugged in either one) I have no idea who to go to. I'm in NJ. I am willing to ship. Any thoughts? Experiences? Thank you.
  7. kve777

Console tube amp help

8. kve777

Console tube amp help

OK, I skimmed through the thread, first thing I noticed is that the OPT's are oriented the same way as the PST. That will induce a hum. Try turning both OPT's 90 deg. It's where I would go based on what I've read and seen.
  9. kve777

I too have a C-2. Sadly it really isn’t economically sound to restore them. There are no schematics or Service Manuals for these. It could run well over a grand to restore. Hopefully none of the obsolete IC’s are bad. In the end you only have a mediocre preamp by today’s standards. What’s it...
  10. kve777

Need a new multimeter

Tektronix made a great meter, the TX-3. I have two. Can give you AC and DC at the same time. Nice for troubleshooting amps.
  11. kve777

inverter balance issue

HERE: https://imgbb.com/7gL99q7 is another version of that circuit with a 1Meg resistor instead of the 1K.
  12. kve777

Pilot SP210

I just scored a Pilot C-1075 console pair. SA232 amp, SP210 preamp FA540 tuner and Garrard RC88/4 changer.
  13. kve777

Seriously?

After experiencing well over 100 cartridges personally. Including over 30 MC's that were retipped, I have settled on an Ortofon 2M Black for my VPI Scout 1.1. Phono pre is a Chinese tube unit with three Telefunken smooth plate ECC83's. Preamp is CJ Premier 17LS2 with vintage Tungsram 6922's...
  14. kve777

I only have six. Pm if interested
Back
Top Bottom