AK Subscriber, Male, 69, from Fernandina Beach, FL, USA

Subscriber
kvflyer was last seen:
Dec 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    1. RobertoLopez
      RobertoLopez
    2. Jimmac
      Jimmac
      I'm looking for help restoring an HH Scott 380 Stereomaster receiver. I do have schematics, but I'd be interested in any service or operator manuals you may have. I'm an electrical engineer living a stones throw from Catonsville (Elkridge). Let me know if you can be of help. Many thanks - Jim.
    3. m1944
      m1944
      Hello, I am new to audiokarma, this is my first message. I am looking for help, it is very difficult find info re H H Scot 345. I have bought one for restoration, nice looking, but in terrible condition underneaht. Missing resistors, capacitors, cuted wires ... it is a detective job. My most important question : in the schematic I have downloaded from internet is the center tap of the OT primary winding not connected!! Is it possible? How is PP working? I would very appreciate your answer. Koloman (in Switzerland)
    4. Alucard
      Alucard
      hello you posted a thing about my tube amp I Found awhile back and I Now have the money to work on it and the tools Variac etc

And I Was looking at the thing and noticed what you said

"Looks like someone substituted a Sarks Tarzian diode pair in place of the GZ34? Some kind of aftermarket or something created by the original owner?"

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3179739&postcount=9

And I Was just wondering if That's Good Or bad should I Remove it or what should I Do do you think ? but it is home made it looks like
    5. blzatrl123
      blzatrl123
      HI KVFlyer
      I have been looking for a copy of a Scott 299 owners manual for some time on ebay. I need to set my Bias. I got a photfacts but it is very vague on how to do it.Can you help me.I hear d the orgional scott version is easier to understand and more detailed.
      Mike
    6. unknown
      unknown
      Hey There.
      I've read alot of your info on Scott amps and wanted to thank you for sharing!
      Also wondered where in the world you came up with the service manuals?
      I've been trying to track one down for some time for my 299c.
      Thanks again for all of your insight!
      Mike
    7. kvflyer
      kvflyer
      Hi Paul,

Please check your PM...
    8. p.dow
      p.dow
      hello - i would like to ask you a question. i have been unsuccessful in trying google down a parts list and owners manual for my scott 340B. any idea where i can find these. some of the electronic parts in the 340b i have never seen before.
      appreciate it.
      regards
      paul dow
      dunedin, fl 34698
      727 734 7733
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 12, 1948 (Age: 69)
    Retired
    I am retired and I like vintage tube audio, especially HH Scott equipment

Flying, vintage audio, tube audio, reel-to-reel, HH Scott