Recent content by Kyocerafan

1. K

Best turntable mats.

I'm going for a Herbie's mat soon. I'm not necessarily expecting an improvement but the original brittle mat on my Kyocera PL-601 has got to go. It won't even lay flat.
  2. K

Sony STR-GX40 ES buzzing

It seems it did. I found writing on the large board that said power supply (among a bunch of other things) and tightened down the screws holding that down. They didn't seem loose but they weren't so tight that a slight tightening wasn't possible. Seems to be utterly silent at idle now...
  3. K

Sony STR-GX40 ES buzzing

Don't have a service manual or schematic for this one. Is this the board that the power cord plugs into?
  4. K

Sony STR-GX40 ES buzzing

Wow. Pays to go looking at your old posts. Thanks for the tip. We'll see how it goes.
  5. K

Onkyo TX-NR905 using amps only

I acquired an Onkyo TX-NR905 a few years ago through a thrift for a good price but initial testing at the time indicated the HDMI functions were dead, as many of the Onkyo receivers of that period were. I'm going to play around with it again and figure out what works and what doesn't. I seem...
  6. K

Any Kyocera owners out there?

I'm a believer and still use as much of it as I can but the herd is thinning itself out the last couple of years. My R-661's tuner doesn't work anymore but everything else does so I'm still rotating it in and out. It's arguably the best sounding amp I have. The DA-510cx is starting to skip...
  7. K

WAF brick wall, suggestions needed....

In 2007? Wave Radio or Cambridge Soundworks equivalent. Today? Sonos.
  8. K

Beatles White Album - question, not a review

I'm not sure if the OP is disappointed with the sound quality or the songs/performances. There's probably some songs that could/should not have made the final cut on a proper Beatles album but it's where they were at at the time. I enjoy all of it nonetheless, being a Beatles fanatic. Sound...
  9. K

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Strangely enough for me, absolutely nothing. I always have something going on but right now blessed silence. Alone with my thoughts...
  10. K

Why listen to music genres one doesn't like just because it's Christmas time?

I love Christmas music because they are such time capsules. I am generally open to all types of music as long as the integrity of the performance is there so genre mixing is a lot of the fun. Nat King Cole? Elton John? Kinks? Jethro Tull? Eartha Kitt? Bring them on. Combined with...
  11. K

Need advice on listening to SACDs on a budget

I am dedicated to fooling around with all formats because it's fun, but it's hard to not go along with the streaming alternative if you aren't already committed to/invested in the SACD format. My limited experiences with classical SACD's have been extremely pleasing, though. Some have pretty...
  12. K

Interesting result from my AVR

Seems like most of the AVR's I've had have had this bypass capability. Some have been more notable than others. It's what makes the pre-HDMI receivers such a good buy at today's prices. If such a beast has 5.1/7.1 inputs, those generally bypass all the DSP stuff too. Handy for multichannel...
  13. K

Power Cord Tips For Storing Gear On Shelves

Never thought of the paper tube. I'll have to give that a whirl. Twist ties and rubber bands for me.
  14. K

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

Yes. Domestic felines have a definite effect on local wildlife. All the more reason to keep them inside. And safe.
Back
Top Bottom