Recent content by kyonthinh

1. kyonthinh

TOSHIBA :

That's a steal right there, maybe I should dial 911 now. Jk aside Toshiba is such an underrated brand. But on the good side their value is often good so people can still get it for cheap.
  2. kyonthinh

Found a Sony 2250...

Nice score, it is a solid turntable. For the feet you can take the 3 off and buy a set of 4 unless you want to keep it as original as you can. Your turntable can be the brother of my TD 124, as they were both on the side walk.
  3. kyonthinh

SME 3012, is this normal?

Hi guys, My TD 124 and SME 3012 were serviced, but when I touch the arm tube, it has electric or static? It is not shocking me though, but I feel it is strange. Anyone knows any idea and is it normal?
  4. kyonthinh

Sony SS-G7 Speakers? What have I found?

The SS G9 might be bigger, but the SS G7 is more balance than the G9. There was a review in a german magazine and they praised SS G7 while saying SS G9 was a little bit of disappointment because of the boomy bass and muddy sound.
  5. kyonthinh

Sony SS-G7 Speakers? What have I found?

The SS G7 are my dream and probably will be my end set too, so such a score you did get and I'm glad you still like it. I have the SS G4D which was made and voiced for the german market. Those SS G are underrated.
  6. kyonthinh

Sony V Fet or separate?

Thanks MattiaM, the tech is well regarded here in Germany, but I decided not to pursuit it. There are many things which can go wrong later and I can end up with a nice door stop. I also got a deal on Marantz separate so that's the reason.
  7. kyonthinh

Need help fixing my Toshiba SA 7000

On a desperate attempt, I deoxit the tape switch then resolder a trace that looks like crack and also the trace of two resistor/ceramic cap near the volume pot? It solved the problem and the stereo is back with phono. One thing I noticed is the unit running cooler than before, now it just feel a...
  8. kyonthinh

Hi no. I just tested again and it is the left channel which is dead, and only in phono. Something must be wrong in phono part but this one doesn't have phono board so it is hard for me as I can't read schematic.
  9. kyonthinh

Hi, I got a Toshiba SA 7000 which has a strange problem. It plays AUX and FM in stereo but only mono in phono mode, looks like it doubles of one channel. There is a mono/stereo switch and when I switched it to mono the volume cut out greatly and balance knob won't do a thing in phono mode. I...
  10. kyonthinh

Sony PS X800 lead in position

Thank you very much for your help. I read it before but it doesn't solve the problem. When I first turn on the turntable and play, it will find the lead in position and gives about 10 sec before the song start. However after that every time I press play, the fine adjustment will make the arm go...
  11. kyonthinh

Yeah I cant see where is the screw too. I know my PS X555ES has one on the back but there is no mention in the manual of PS X800. I will open it again and have a look then. I have it already but there is no mentioning of it anywhere.
  12. kyonthinh

Hi, I got a PS X800 which I have just changed the belt and the lamp. It works quite well now except the lead in position is about 10 seconds to half minute too late. I read the service manual but I cant find out where I can adjust it. Anyone has any idea?
  13. kyonthinh

Sony SS-G5 speakers value?????

The smaller SS G series are underrated imo. I had a few pair of speakers but the SS G4D always stay. I recapped them with German caps and sure it won't leave my hand until I die. My brother bought a SS G5 and he liked it too, so it must be that good.
  14. kyonthinh

Marantz 3800, 240 and 150 Tuner

Thanks guys, I guess I will take them then. He reserved for me until I can decide if I will take it or not. He doesn't need much money, just appreciate if it finds a good home and gets enjoyed like his friend used to.
  15. kyonthinh

Marantz 3800, 240 and 150 Tuner

Sorry please delete it because it was posted double.
Back
Top Bottom