Recent content by labatt242

1. L

Marantz 3600 Preamplifier - Power switch issue

Thanks Steven, I will contact him shortly. Thanks again! Guy
  2. L

Marantz 3600 Preamplifier - Power switch issue

Hello there! I have a preamplifier Marantz 3600 with a Marantz 140 and seems like the power switch on the Marantz 3600 is now defective. Here the history : Since a few days, I realised my Marantz 140 VU meters was dimming a lot for no reasons. I checked the voltage of the outlet and seems be...
  3. L

Yamaha MX-630 - Pre amp recommendations

Good to know. The reason I like the AX-550 is it seems having the same design of the faceplate than my MX-630. Thanks! Guy
  4. L

I can live without a remote honestly. If it has a remote it's a bonus!
  5. L

Hello, I'm looking for a pre amp to use with my MX-630. I checked for a CX-630 but seems like it's a rare pre amp in the market! (with remote). But, I checked for an integrated amplifier that I can use as pre amp and seems like the Yamaha AX-550 can be a good match. Any one have experiences...
  6. L

2500 Push Switch Cleaning & Restoration

I did exactly the same thing on a Marantz 1122dc. Need to be patient to disassemble and clean those switches but it fixed the distorsion issue!
  7. L

Marantz 140 + Marantz 3600 combo - Left channel issues

Hello, I'm checking again and again some post from AK here to see what can cause my rumble/hum issue and seems like a cold joint or loose screw on predrivers and/or drivers transistors/heat sink on the amplifier can cause this issue. I desolder H711 and H712 and checked for HFE value. I can...
  8. L

Marantz 140 + Marantz 3600 combo - Left channel issues

Hello there, I created a few post regarding my Marantz 140 under "Solid State" here in AK website and a user told me to submit my issue here. Here my situation : I acquire a Marantz combo 140/3600 from eBay in the last 3 years, which is a very good combo and I really like it. But, for random...
  9. L

Marantz 140 - Buzz/Rumble/hum issues

Will do. I resolder a ground wire already and I'm actually testing the amp using a smartphone with DAC and so far so good. Will retry with my Marantz 3600 and that will confirm if it's a pre amp issue or not. I'm testing it all the week. Thank you my friend! Guy
  10. L

Anybody have thoughts on this? I will re-test again and re-adjust all the stuffs tonight. Since yesterday, I started to check cracked ground and I suspect the Left potentiometer (one of the lug is loose). I will try to swap the amp board Left to Right/ Right to Left to see if the issue will...
  11. L

Marantz 1122DC lost channel - Intermittent

Hi there, Here a little update regarding this issue. I successfully disassembled and cleaned all the switches. I can say it's not an easy job. Here some pictures. No more scratchy sound now! Thanks for the help! Guy
  12. L

Hello there, In the past, I had issues with the left channel of my Marantz 140. I serviced my Marantz 140 as : - Changed the big cap for two 15 000uF 63V Mundorf - Changed all the transistors except the pre driver and drivers on left channel - Changed two diodes on both channels - BIAS and DC...
  13. L

Thank you so much for this information. I will try the easier way to clean the switches. If not possible, I will be patient to disassemble both switches and clean it up.!
  14. L

I will check the switches and use Deoxit D5 to clean it up!
  15. L

I forgot to say the relay has been replaced also in the past (bad channel issue). I will take a look of all the control. I will remove the faceplate and the pre-amp board to do a good job cleaning.
Back
Top Bottom