Recent content by labios

1. labios

Modern/boutique mono tube integrated amps?

nice! A build like that is over my head but if I came across something like that I’d be into it.
  2. labios

that is pretty what I was looking for but yes, overkill for my wallet. Appreciate the suggestions. I thought maybe I just wasn’t looking very well but no, I’m just looking for something that is anachronistic so I can safely stick with the old ones I like. I am toying with 3 different mono...
  3. labios

that is usually the kind of thing I go for, totally. I was thinking there had to be someone out there who had made something like this more recently.
  4. labios

Either that or an early Marantz combo is what I was thinking if I couldn’t find a modern all in one solution. It seems implausible that no one has made one in 60+ years. Since there is one speaker I just like the idea of a single amp component. In your opinion, if you have one, what was the...
  5. labios

I’ve been looking to upgrade/replace/try something different from the vintage integrated tube amps I use in my mono systems. I have a HK C-300 “trend” for 78s and a Raymer 3102 (obscure one) for LPs and 45s. there are lots of other vintage mono integrateds out there but I don’t see any recent...
  6. labios

C26 input selector switch same as MX112?

Perhaps you know...I have a bad input selector switch on a C26. Would the input selector switch from a MX112 work?
  7. labios

Wyred4Sound Sonos Port upgrade to DAC w/ MQA?

I have been in touch with them over the last few months asking if and when they were going to offer a Port. I emailed them this morning about this topic, which you're right, probably is the easiest way to get this resolved. Their own site says "This upgrade entirely bypasses the AKM audio...
  8. labios

It doesn’t. I’m hoping if I use it with a DAC that does, that it would work. I think it will.
  9. labios

(I don't know if this should be posted in Digital Sources or DACs) For the last couple months I was looking forward to upgrading from a Sonos Connect to a new Port. 1) I really like the Sonos app 2) I want to give my Connect to a friend who would never buy one to try out streaming for himself...
  10. labios

cd player vs. blue-ray player

Bingo. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. In an extremely thin design like the oppo dv-981hd
  11. labios

Cornwalls SCORED

This post is 3 years old but hey, since you brought it up, I will have an update on this very soon. All the Crites upgrades and cabs all newly wrapped in walnut veneer in the next 3 weeks.
  12. labios

Installing a subpanel for the stereos

I'm remodeling right now and have a chance to set up the electrical to flatter my stereo systems. I would otherwise probably not do this, but it is sort of the perfect opportunity so I'm going for it. My contractor has done this kind of thing for other folks in the past and didn't balk too...
  13. labios

Restoration in SF Bay Area

Great! As does the 250. Well worth the wait. You’re fast, I was going to write you today :) I’m running 2 of them in mono with JBL L100 centuries. Certainly a better garage system than I ever expected to have out here.
  14. labios

Restoration in SF Bay Area

I just picked up my C26 from Champlifier in Alameda yesterday, Sheldon always does a great job. World of Sound in Mill Valley do a lot of McIntosh service work.
Back
Top Bottom