Recent content by lasminit2

1. lasminit2

I hope I picked a decent CD player

CD-11T is a fantastic CD player that arrived at a time when I was beginning to think there would be no more innovation in the form. Well, it doesn't knock you out with features: no switchable DAC curves, no headphone preamp, etc. What it does offer is great heaps of detail with absolutely no...
  2. lasminit2

Rotel CD11 Tribute - Ishiwata

Well, this is a really late response, but I just noticed your post. The CD11 Tribute is a great CD player...solid build, great sound. Love it with everything to which it has been paired. The A-11 Tribute is a sweetheart too, but no need to couple them .... they are each strong enough to stand...
  3. lasminit2

Sansui SR-939 or SR-838?

Wow, Nice! Have Fun. ; )
  4. lasminit2

Acoustic Research XA Platter Too Low

Yep, adjust the springs. That is the fix.
  5. lasminit2

Yamaha YP-D71 with quartz lock issues

Great thread! Sometimes, all that is needed is a squirt of Deoxit in the speed control pots, but also the internal mini pots that are used to adjust voltage for speed control and QL. I purchased a YP-D71 years ago from Merrylander, and it arrived needing that done....has worked fine ever since...
  6. lasminit2

New 2275!

On top of everything else, the 2275, with left and right detachable connector output stages, is so relatively easy to work on!
  7. lasminit2

NAD C542 cd player question

C542 is a great CD player. DACs have gotten better imho in both CD players and stand alone. And yes those DACs would be an improvement. The 542 also had the ability to read HD CD’s, which while some would say a very modest gain, is still kind of neat. Not sure where that fits into the circuitry...
  8. lasminit2

Amber series 70 amplifier

I know that this is a Prehistoric Thread at this point, but anyone searching for Amber Info might still find this interesting. Amber amps, and Preamps, were (very well) built in Charlottesville, Virginia. They earned a spot in the High End room at Stereo Sound in Chapel Hill, NC. Sounded great...
  9. lasminit2

Kenwood KD-5070

Sarge Said: "Then let's remind them...." (GREAT PHOTOS!) Wow! Those are too cool. Did most of them make it to the states?
  10. lasminit2

Kenwood KD-5070

Interesting stuff here: really glad we rekindled the thread ; ) A lot of folks forget that Kenwood built some really nice turntables.
  11. lasminit2

Kenwood KD-5070

I know this nice old thread started in 2010, but just for clarity: the KD 5070 was a fully automatic (with full manual override capabilities). It has a nice arm, although Kenwood supplied a two piece headshell (with mine, at least) that has the "finger grip" as a separate metal bar that is...
  12. lasminit2

Pro-ject anyone?

Point taken, and since you have had both, and know Turntables and esp. Regas, I trust and value your opinion. Still, I really like the sound of the EVO, especially at $599...but now I have to start saving for an RP-3 ; ) :rflmao: On mine, the counterweight seems good and tight (but glad you...
  13. lasminit2

Pro-ject anyone?

I am a confirmed vintage Japanese turntable Junkie, especially a Sansui SR-838 that I originally figured wouldn't be as nice as an SL-1200 (I was wrong). Anyway, I have seen some odd Pro-Ject hate with comments like "The anti-skate is a small weight on the end of some fishing line! What junk!."...
  14. lasminit2

Pro-ject anyone?

Well, AK is a wonderful place that is largely driven by vintage gear appreciation and keeping it chugging along ; ) I have a Pro-Ject Debut Evo (long story, involving a credit with an audio dealer...). Anyway, I was going to sell it...not because of any problems, but simply because I didn't need...
  15. lasminit2

Rega Planar 3 - advice?

Max: That is exactly right, and perfectly stated, regarding Rega: "It really looks similar to the older ones but the incremental improvements add up." They had that price range for a good sounding 'table mostly to themselves for many years. Now, it is very competitive, and that is great for us ; )
Back
Top Bottom