Recent content by Laura Lex

1. L

Denon DCD-510AE CD Player Problem

Hello, I have a Denon DCD-510AE CD player that is having the following problem: Sometimes when there is a CD inside and I click Eject it goes into "READING" and starts playing the first track of the CD. It is not all the time. Sometimes it goes days without presenting the problem and then it...
  2. L

A new cartridge for Akai AP-100C

Thank you for your suggestions! Unfortunately I live in Romania and it is not so easy to find parts here and if I buy them from other countries, the shipping price may be too high. But thank you anyway!
  3. L

Thank you! Isn't that Quadra cartridge for quadraphonic systems?
  4. L

Thank you! I'd like to ask why the mass of the cartridge is important? Doesn't the counterbalance weight compensates for it?
  5. L

I own a 1978 Akai AP-100C turntable with the original PC 100 cartridge and I am thinking about upgrading the cartridge in the near future. Based on some reviews that I've seen online, I've been thinking about the Nagaoka MP 110. Is this cartridge compatible with my turntable? Does anyone have...
  6. L

Turntable cable

Thank you, I won't be soldering the cable. The technician will.
  7. L

Turntable cable

Now I am more confused than before. Some people say that the AV cable that I ordered are ok. Others say that they aren't and give me alternatives that are more expensive than my turntable. I guess I may have bitten more than I could chew.
  8. L

Turntable cable

You have no idea how services people act in Romania. It doesn't matter that you're paying them, they act as if they are doing you a favor. And you can count in the fingers of one hand the technicians who know how to fix turntables or are willing to.
  9. L

Turntable cable

I live in Romania so for you guys it may be easy to find turntable parts replacement very easy but for me it isn't.
  10. L

Turntable cable

I wanted to do that but when I suggested it to the technician, his face told me he doesnt feel like drilling holes in the TT body and installing them for me.
  11. L

Turntable cable

Thank you, gentlemen. "my rekkid player is broke! wtf!? help!" That was funny! I am blonde but not that much :-)
  12. L

Turntable cable

Thank you for the suggestion but those are way above my budget for a cable and the shipping to my country would make it even more expensive.
  13. L

Turntable cable

Now I am very scared about changing the cable. If capacitance of the cable is that important, I don't even know how to check it. I already ordered this cable: https://www.krugermatz.com/en_US/p/RCA-cable-/2443 But there are no capacitance rating in the specs. Do you have any idea if these are...
  14. L

Turntable cable

I was thinking it may be where the cable connects to the circuit board. That's another reason that I thought it's better to change the whole cable, besides the cable being old, dirty and very cheap looking.
  15. L

Turntable cable

I have tried twisting (gently, of course) the cable while connected to the amp and the only difference is when I touch the RCA plugs, the noise gets louder so it does sound like a grounding problem. Touching the ground wire doesn't make any difference.
Back
Top Bottom