Recent content by Lavane

1. Lavane

Polk model 7 fans

Mine didn't come with grills I had to make some using P.E. grill kits. I left the original pegs in case I ever run across any of the originals.
  2. Lavane

Polk model 7 fans

Those must be really early. Nothing like mine with peerless tweeters. And I agree, it's too bad the serial number is missing.
  3. Lavane

Polk model 7 fans

+1
  4. Lavane

Has anyone seen this happen? Degraded output tube base.

Was that tube close to the side of the chassis, or a transformer bell? Maybe there wasn't enough air space to disapate enough heat?
  5. Lavane

Newer Dynakit PA-060 power transformer question

Or just ditch the socket all together. My VTA ST-70 has a bias trimmers for each output tube. So I added gest jacks where the sockets were. Including a ground socket. There are several ready to go test sockets I've seen for the Dynaco ST-70 that have just two test jacks that replace each socket.
  6. Lavane

Building Again--Marblewood 6V6 SEUL

Nice clean build. I was thi king of building one of these amps since I have a bag full of 6v6's and a few 6SN7's. But I'm going to build the 6L6 amp. It's more versatile when it comes to driver and power tubes. I built the Cascade universal preamp. It sounds a lot better than you think k it...
  7. Lavane

Preamp build no channel separation.

Put in backwards? I just don't understand why they load them the way they do to start with. I've seen 62k and 64k loading for MM carteidges in Chinese offerings of both tube and SS phono preamps. Why is it so difficult to just load them 47K?
  8. Lavane

OL Advent questions, please

I've done several woofers, a couple paper cone tweeters, and a few old 12" guitar speakers with Alinco magnets. It seems some.of those guitar speakers are well thought of. Over time the paper surrounds develope cracks. Once all these drivers were repaired, they worked fine and sounded great. It...
  9. Lavane

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

It's a dual purpose trunk. You can use it to move a dead body too!! :thumbsup: :music:
  10. Lavane

I had a pair of OLA's. I never had to take them apart though. Is the metal grill removable? If so, those rips are repairable if it still works.
  11. Lavane

A full crossover for the Realistic Nova 7B....I did it.

I unscrewed the grill from the lattice frame. I think I may put new grill cloth on it and use it without the lattice frame. The factory cloth is faded, dirty and has a little missing at the bottom of the grill baffle. Plus it has a bunch of dimples in it from the lattice frame.
  12. Lavane

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

I keep everything that comes with the album inside the jacket. Even the digital download cards when present. Including any stickers that were on the factory outer sealed plastic cover. I had given an old record collection to one of my son's a few years back when he started to get into vinyl. One...
  13. Lavane

I had a couple lift off of the board in a Little Bear T-11 phono preamp I modified per Stephies mods. The phono preamp is my son's.
  14. Lavane

Even if there are a few small rips in the paper dome, it should still pass sound if good. Don't toss it.if it turns out it passes sound. You can use tissue paper and watered down Elmer's glue to repair it. Carefully brush some of the glue around the rip, then place the it of tissue, or coffee...
  15. Lavane

Be very careful with those solder pads. They tend to lift off very easily on these Chinese boards. I recently used a Chinese board to build a tube preamp. They sent the wrong 12v regulator. .5 amp instead of 5 amp. I had to buy a new one. One of the small solder pads lifted right off using a...
Back
Top Bottom