Recent content by LBPete

1. LBPete

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Thanks guys! Got 'um! - Pete
  2. LBPete

Yup, one on the box and one on the warranty card packed with the unit. I've entered serial numbers from those external sources. - Pete
  3. LBPete

Sansui database - Update

Thank you Sir! - Pete
  4. LBPete

The Lets Track 9090DB/8080DB Production Changes Thread

@eiraved, I never would have seen it there. Thanks for the link. It sounds like it bypasses some of the traces on the board but without digging into it I couldn't say for sure. - Pete
  5. LBPete

Thanks, got it! Your AU-505 was built on production line 83 in April 1974. It was the 905th unit off that line that month. Line 83 also produced TU-2000s and AU-2000s that month. It looks like most units produced on that line at that time were built by contractors as indicated by T-tags...
  6. LBPete

Sansui database - Update

Thanks, got it! Your 2000X was manufactured on production line 81 in February of 1972. It was the 338th unit produced on that line that month. Line 81 was also producing AU-7500s and QR-1500s that month. - Pete
  7. LBPete

If you can't see or read a digit, make your best guess and add a note. Then I know what to do with that serial number. All of the serial numbers are in an Access database. I use a second Access database to process the new serial numbers. I copy and paste the posted serial numbers to a Word...
  8. LBPete

The Lets Track 9090DB/8080DB Production Changes Thread

I don't know what you mean by K terminal bypass. Please enlighten me. - Pete
  9. LBPete

Here's the March stats: 804 serial numbers posted. 644 new serial numbers added to the database. Most of the duplicates were already in the database but there were some that couldn't be processed. P-50M,345010532,kleinanzeigen Couldn't find this model SC-1110G,248090430,kleinanzeigen...
  10. LBPete

Sansui 9090 Service bulletins

I don't know if this bulletin was issued in the US or just Europe. Regardless, the changes were implemented in production. It's obviously gone a long time without the upgrade but it could also fail tomorrow. The components in your 9090 are almost 50 years old. How lucky do you feel? - Pete
  11. LBPete

Thanks. I'm going to start processing this months submissions this morning. Looks like about 800 serial numbers. - Pete
  12. LBPete

Thanks, got it! Your AU-7900 was built in April of 1977. It was the 631st unit off assembly line 22 that month. In additon to producing AU-7900s, line 22 was also producing AU-607s and AU-707s that month. - Pete
  13. LBPete

QRX-9001

We need to give @Overundr1 his thread back. Sorry for the hijack. - Pete
  14. LBPete

Sunsui 9090 receiver red wire light mod but it couldn’t pass the Red light protection mode.

Looking at that board in post #11, there are three caps on the top right that have overheated as indicated by the cover shrinking and exposing more of the aluminum case. They need to be replaced too. - Pete
  15. LBPete

Sansui 9090db output transistors, knobs, etc

Not sure what screws you need. The screws that hold the output transistors are stainless steel 3mm screws. I forget the length. I don't have those but do have the most common chassis screws and can provide an assortment. I also have reproduction feet. Contact me through a private message...
Back
Top Bottom