Recent content by LDK180

1. LDK180

Famous Audio Equipment....Cool gear you spotted in movies!!

Grey Gardens (2009 TV) There's a nice looking reciever in Big Edie's (Jessica Lange) bedroom but I couldn't make it out.
  2. LDK180

USB Oscilloscope

They look like they might be those plunger hook type grabbers probes.
  3. LDK180

USB Oscilloscope

Anyone using one of these http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1976.html?
  4. LDK180

Don't stop me now I'm on a HOT STREAK!

Nice! It would go nice with my mint 750.
  5. LDK180

Garage speaker placement

I have Advent Legacy IIs high and 20' apart on the back wall of a 2 car garage. It's like an ampitheater with the doors open and sounds great at any volume level whether I'm inside or out. The neighbor on one side doesn't mind and the other one has dementia, hopefully not from my music which is...
  6. LDK180

Garage speaker placement

Garage with no tape measure?
  7. LDK180

IL-50 tweeter problem

I had an IL-10 in use during the tweeter problem. Front removed. There was a fair amount of sawdust in the opening and on and around the tweeter. The tweeter is mounted to the plastic front with four philips screws. No need to worry about polarity, there are different size spade...
  8. LDK180

Orchestral Music: Where do you stop with the volume knob?

A remote helps a lot with the getting up and down thing. I don't have much in the way of orchestral stuff except Copland and a few others but, Fanfare For The Common Man has to be crankin'
  9. LDK180

Why do we like the music we like?

I believe OvenMaster nailed it!!
  10. LDK180

Wire length?

Job's done, I went with the same length. Sansui 350a to Electro-Voice Aristacrats. I used 18ga only because this system is played at low volume. I believe the bass response is better with the new wire, I won't even tell you the size of the old wire. I think the Aristacrats were made for jazz...
  11. LDK180

Wire length?

How important is matching the length of speaker wires and do you match? I'm asking because I'm running new wire (larger gauge) and the current lengths don't match.
  12. LDK180

Why do we like the music we like?

Why do we like the music we like? Is it a predetermined genetic thing; do different brains perceive music differently so that some forms are unappealing or is it a combination of things, i.e. age, exposure, intellect, wealth? Is there progressive change as we mature and why do we settle on the...
  13. LDK180

Thievery Corporation

I love this song.
  14. LDK180

Victrola

Thomas would be proud.
  15. LDK180

Victrola

Here's mine, I have a book for doing a rebuild but haven't done anything yet.
Back
Top Bottom