1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice
leesonic
Last Activity:
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM
Media:
Birthday:
Mar 18, 1969 (Age: 48)
Lion Tamer

Share This Page

leesonic

Hold on, here comes the bass., Male, 48, from Southern NJ

Subscriber
leesonic was last seen:
Viewing thread Mitsubishi DA-R25 receiver restoration, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    1. Joanithan
      Joanithan
      Lee
      Thank you for the great service you provide this forum. I have two beloved NAD pieces, a 1300 pre Amp and 2600 Amp. I am technically inept.
      Are these pieces that you would have interest in restoring?
      I am hoping to drive Maggie 3.7 i 's with the latter. Does this seem feasible?
      Christopher
    2. rktktpaul
      rktktpaul
      Hi Lee. I picked up a 7155 receiver that is absolutely screaming for attention. I was wondering if this might be something of interest for you to restore for me? Thank you for your consideration.

Paul Krutulis
    3. tusntuk2
      tusntuk2
      Hello leesonic, I'm a new AKer and I posted in the Solid State forum, ( "No audio" -the 7140 preamp does not pass signal to a working power amp,) Binkman suggested I PM you, but I'm so new I don't know how to PM yet. I have read and followed your advice for a while, and I would appreciate your help getting this NAD 7140 to work. Thanks!
    4. USMC Spike
      USMC Spike
    5. Pup
      Pup
      Hi Lee,

I have a NAD 3020 that I'd like to talk to you about updating... I just joined AK today... Was going to PM you but couldn't seen to figure out how? I am located in Maine...

Pup
    6. dukeofurl
      dukeofurl
    7. TubeJunkie
      TubeJunkie
      Hi. AK member Binkman, told me to PM you regarding a NAD 214. The thermal fuse in the transformer is open. I've dug it out and plan on replacing soon. Any advise you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks
      Mike
    8. musicisrx
      musicisrx
      Hi Lee! I have a 3020 that is ready for a checkup. Thank you for any information you can provide.
      1. leesonic
        leesonic
        I sent you a message about restoring it.
        Oct 29, 2016
    9. gunpoet
      gunpoet
      Hey Lee! It's been a long time. Hope you are well! Hey I just picked up a set of Optimus fours for $20 and they're amazing condition I was wondering if you had an idea of what I could do or what I should use to replace the crossovers I'm sure at this age they need it.
    10. onehifiguy
      onehifiguy
      Might you be willing to replace the speaker protection relays and the associated resistor in my wonderful sounding NAD 2200 power amp. I have the 3 new replacement parts but my soldering skills are too rusty to tackle this myself...Thanks, a former North Jersey boy!
    11. Fat Point Ja
      Fat Point Ja
      The volume knob has broken on my NAD 1020. Might you have one laying around.

I followed your rebuild of yours and showed it to my local tech. He did not seem interested in such a project.

Do you have a ball park price for a recap and tuneup.

Thank you,
      Jack
    12. tomelsey
      tomelsey
    13. Jim Peterson
      Jim Peterson
      Hello Lee, my name is Jim . I am the original owner of a NAD 3020. It overheated a while back I would like to fix and possibly restore the entire unit. Do you have any ideas as to why it overheated?
      Can you give me a ballpark on the cost? Thanks, Jim
    14. ron jacquard
      ron jacquard
      leesonic, your reputation preceeds you.Question, i recently bought a Nad 3020 second gen did they fix the legendary cross talk issueon the unit or starting with the 3020A? thx-R
    15. dkfens
      dkfens
      Lee: Time to restore my NAD 3020. How do I get started? Thanks, David
    16. JLaw0218
      JLaw0218
      Hello Lee, I have an NAD 3020 series 20 that I am considering having recapped. Wondering if you're still doing these and if so, how do I go about arranging with you for repair? Thanks
    17. tillmbil
      tillmbil
      Hey Lee, do I understand that you might recap NAD equipment for members? I have both a 1020 and a 3020 I am considering
    18. walloffound
      walloffound
      Hi Lee, I just picked up a pair of kef 103.2. Not much sound coming out of them. They look perfect but I'm guessing it's the crossover. How much do you charge to restore these crossovers, I saw your post about having done a few of these. Also, how do I test the drivers to make sure they are ok and worth redoing the crossovers ? Thanks! -joe
    19. Harlow7
      Harlow7
      Noticed that you have rebuilt and sold some NAD 3020 integrated amps. I wanted to throw my contact out there to you in case you redo another.

Many thanks!
      Brian
    20. fredcohiba
      fredcohiba
      Hello, I hear you might have a Pioneer RT-707 you might be willing to sell. If so, what kind of shape is it in mechanically and astecically? What might you want to part with it?
      My dad had one, and when he died we gave it away to one of his buddies. Now I miss it and want one for nostalgic reasons.

Thanks,
      Fred
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 18, 1969 (Age: 48)
    Lion Tamer
    Mini Coopers, Ford Capris, HiFi