Recent content by leftside

1. leftside

Show your OTL Tube Amplifiers !

I have a crazy custom OTL headphone amp.
  2. leftside

Western electric to produce 12ax7

And Tesla's
  3. leftside

Identifying this GZ34

I also got some early 1980's Shuguang National KT88 from a local guy who used to be a distributor for Shuguang National. Running these tubes in my Mac amps right now. All tested very high on my Amplitrex for plate voltage and Gm. Tiny bit of leakage and gas. Take a while to get warmed up, but...
  4. leftside

Identifying this GZ34

I'll have to check when they arrive. Thanks for all the replies. Look like Chinese tubes then - will get to try them soon.
  5. leftside

Identifying this GZ34

I came across the GZ34, but I'm struggling to identify the manufacturer. Welded plates, thick ring getter. Anyone have any ideas?
  6. leftside

Identifying Brimar 6N7

Maybe date manufactured and then the date tested by the BBC? Just a guess.
  7. leftside

Identifying Brimar 6N7

Yeah probably Sylvania. Good tubes.
  8. leftside

Identifying Brimar 6N7

I have these 1940 "Brimar" 6N7. Brimar were also known to rebrand tubes, and as these say "Made in USA" I'm wondering which US manufacturer made these? Maybe Sylvania?
  9. leftside

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

Prefer standalone DACs. Which is why the C2300 is a classic. Lovely preamp. Best yet. The price put's it out of my range though.
  10. leftside

local weed growing discussions

I could have done with one of those when I was younger and before we had vaporizers.
  11. leftside

Mullard EL37 Amplifiers...Knight mono blocks

EL37 are also some of my favorite tubes as well. Multiple variations of course: early bulbous/larger shape, multiple different getters, etc. Can the amp also take KT66?
  12. leftside

Western Electric tubes

How much is that CD player and transformers worth now compared to those tubes?
  13. leftside

After 40 years of tube rolling & trading, I thought I had seen / heard it all, but

Some tube amps/designs are less impacted by the tubes used than others.
  14. leftside

local weed growing discussions

Sometimes we talk about listening to music whilst under the influence. :)
  15. leftside

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Haha very true. I'm one of the non-boomers on here tho.
Back
Top Bottom