Recent content by lini

1. lini

Connecting HK EQ8 to HK Cit 25 - I am going crazy!

Just to make sure: Did you turn up the input on the EQ and make sure, that its tape monitoring function was inactive? Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  2. lini

Unkn

Hard to tell, if one doesn't know, what's wrong with it - from your pics it would foremost appear, that the rod for the antiskating weight is bent - and the antiskating weight plus line as well as the platter are missing, of course. It's not a lousy table, though. Greetings from Munich...
  3. lini

First home set up need helpppp

Just to make sure: You're aware, that you'll still need some sort of receiver or integrated amp or pre-/power-amp combo in between the Technics turntable and the loudspeakers, are you? Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  4. lini

Kenwood KT-9x CMOS memory

The MN1201 is a latch, but it's installed at the correct spot (IC6), according to the PCB layout in the service manual. Whereas the MN1203 (IC3) is a 256 Bit RAM (64 x 4 Bit) - on your pic it should be the one near the bottom, left below the MN1201 (IC6), but not properly visible due to being in...
  5. lini

Unkn

Looks like some sort of (P)1, 1.2 or 2 to me. Did you have a look at the underside? There might be a sticker with the model designation and serial number. Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  6. lini

Anti-Skate

That's because the corresponding instructions for setting it are to be found in the user manuals - whereas for checking the calibration one would ideally have Dual's own Skate-o-meter and a suitable test record with unmodulated grooves at hand. Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  7. lini

Anti-Skate

An offset of the cantilever (or respectively of its projection in the horizontal plane) in parallel to the length axis of the cartridge/needle would typically rather already be present right from the start - whereas excessive or insufficient antiskating would rather cause the cantilever to point...
  8. lini

Anti-Skate

Might make sense to remove the headshell, so you can inspect the cartridge/needle from the bottom. Because sometimes it happens, that the cantilever already has a slight offset to the side (relative to the length axis of the cartridge/needle) rather than that it would be pointing sideways...
  9. lini

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

Nice W48! A friend of mine collected old telephones during the late 80s/early 90s for a while - and he had quite a few of these (mostly black ones, though). Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini edit: typo extermination *sigh*
  10. lini

Need your help: Do I fix the Dual 1241 I got at auction or buy a new table in the $500-700 range

Then it would seem smarter to not let that guy repair your 1241, as you might overpay for his inexperience. And due to that inexperience he might even do more harm than good. Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  11. lini

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

No, contradiction from my side, as in my view you're right. I.e., I also think, that older iPods weren't yet designed to act as USB hosts - so to make such an old iPod work with a regular USB DAC, which is a USB peripheral device (specifically a USB audio class device), it would take some sort...
  12. lini

Need your help: Do I fix the Dual 1241 I got at auction or buy a new table in the $500-700 range

600 bucks to fix a 1241??? I can hardly imagine that. Did the shop-owner tell you, what he found to be wrong with that exemplar? Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  13. lini

Hitachi HT-6 P-mount AT405LP cartridge advice

Nope, that was supposed to mean, that the plastic holders of needles for (most of) the halfinch-mount models of the wider AT120 are somewhat fatter and additionally sport a visor guard compared to the slimmer visor-less plastic holders of the needles for the AT1x2P family (including all of its...
  14. lini

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

Not quite sure, whether it's new - but good for a smile it should be: https://debeste.de/upload/08bb13ec360e3aaf74e6a3a30b01ea474371.jpg Greetings from Munich! Manfred / lini
  15. lini

Hitachi HT-6 P-mount AT405LP cartridge advice

Looks like a fairly decent Hitachi - and the cartridge simply is a "rename" of the pretty good AT122LP. The screw and nut to properly fix the cartridge in the T4P headshell would appear to be missing, though. Well, and the AT405LP/122LP belong to the "wider AT120 family" (my nomenclature), to...
Back
Top Bottom