Recent content by litefootdan

1. litefootdan

Question about the VTA SP14

Thanks a lot Chris!!!!! I’ll do it ;)
  2. litefootdan

Well, I didn’t do myself any favors and sit down with the preamp and listen for as well as examine differences between the two. I got lazy and just listened to I believe the PIO’s before I happened across another pre that took its place for quite a spell. I just recently got the thing back into...
  3. litefootdan

Hi Guys and Gals, I have a question regarding the SP14. I built one several years ago but cannot find any of the paperwork it came with. That preamplifier offers two "outs". I chose to use two different sets of capacitors on either set of outs for the fun of it. What I cannot recall is which...
  4. litefootdan

Hi Grainger49, I can’t remember what your comment is about. Did I react or comment on a post of...

Hi Grainger49, I can’t remember what your comment is about. Did I react or comment on a post of yours, or a post that you read? Sorry if I come off a little less than sharp.
  5. litefootdan

Did Germany make 6SN7’s

Thanks a lot you guys!!!! Always a great place for information and help!!!!!
  6. litefootdan

Did Germany make 6SN7’s

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this pair of tubes I ran across. I got them a couple years on the common auction site and recently rediscovered that I have them. Does anyone know if any 6SN7’s were made in Germany? Can anyone identify anything about these...
  7. litefootdan

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Ross6860! Are the Criton 1TDX’s really that incredible of a speaker!?!? I was so very close to getting a kit during their thanksgiving sale but ultimately didn’t. Please expand in any way you can about their attributes.
  8. litefootdan

Cabinet Lining/Filling question

Thank you So Much! That is exactly what sort of information I was looking for!!!!! While I won't pretend to learn quickly, I will attempt to study the information. As usual, I googled.... stuffing a tqwt and came up with some ideas. I did find some poly-fill'like material and placed some in...
  9. litefootdan

Cabinet Lining/Filling question

Hello Friends!!! I have built a cabinet called the Crystal-Menhir by Leon Huigjen. I am not exactly how to go about lining or stuffing it if it needs to be done. The cabinet is a little like the Frugal-horn style cabinet but it is different. In the Crystal-Menhir cabinet there is a slanted...
  10. litefootdan

JBL 100 wheres the magic?

I did the Gravesen crossovers in my L36’s and they were a completely different speaker. Much, much more to my liking. The drivers competed less with one another and the overall presentation was modernized in a good way. Just my opinion.
  11. litefootdan

Snagged a pair of AR-3s from the original owner, BUT......

I know this question had been asked before so sorry for the repetition….. but who are the best (willing to accept messages from AK strangers) people to ask for tweeter and mid rebuilds from. I’ve got a pair of Heathkit 3a’s that I’d like to have serviced. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
  12. litefootdan

Mystery (ESS?) Tweeters

Thanks a lot for the information everyone. You can’t beat the AK collective.
  13. litefootdan

Mystery (ESS?) Tweeters

Hello Collective AK Awesomeness. Years ago I was at a guys place buying a Yamaha CR-620 and I say a pair of speakers there that were pretty ratty but said ESS on them. I forget what model they were. Over the years the cabinets went away as I was green and didn't realize the woofers had been...
  14. litefootdan

Best vintage speakers you ever heard?

For me, it’s got to be a toss-up between the Hartley Holton A’s or the Hegeman Model 2’s
  15. litefootdan

Decware HDT Plans

https://www.decware.com/newsite/htdkits.htm I found this on the Decware site. I found a pair of these speakers locally and I Absolutely Love mine. Good luck with your endeavors!
Back
Top Bottom