Recent content by lithography

1. lithography

Mint-ish Electrovoice Interface D series II

what exactly is made in Switzerland? The speakers were made in Michigan Electro Voice also had a factory for many years in Nidau, Switzerland which sadly burnt down in the early 90's. There they manufactured the Swiss version of the EV Interface A,B,C and D speaker lineup, which were...
  2. lithography

Electrovoice Interface D

Regarding the price, AK rules are you need to open a thread in the Forum Dollars and Sense :rolleyes:
  3. lithography

Electrovoice Interface D

Fantastic natural sounding speakers that love tubes. They sound great at low volume or can shake the house foundations with a mere 15 watts. Yes, as far as my experience goes the EQ is necessary. It not only protects the woofer against subsonic noises, it extends the audible bass down to 28 hz...
  4. lithography

Luxman staying power

Dreaming of these for a while now to pair up with my EV Interface D's, the magnificent Luxman MQ-300 SET amp. If only I had 25k to burn...:rolleyes: http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=17 https://www.audioshark.org/luxman-211/luxman-mq-300-a-15253.html not mine (I wish):
  5. lithography

How to buff scratches on transformer cover

Try sharpening a black charcoal pencil to a point to retouch the scratch. It is matt, unlike a magic marker which is shiny, and will not reflect light. If you don't like it, you can wash it off with water. I print large inkjet photographs for a living, and often use a charcoal pencil to retouch...
  6. lithography

Fisher 400cx

I believe Dave is referring to this thread: Help Saving 400-CX SA-100 and 100-R Tuner https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/help-saving-400-cx-sa-100-and-100-r-tuner.791674/page-2 Go to post number 33 for the replacement Heyboer transformer number. Good luck with the...
  7. lithography

Fisher 1800 Receiver Information thread and roll call

I tried the fingernail test, perhaps there is the very thinest of a lip, but it is really hard to detect, almost nil. I am not a metallurgist, so I don't know about the masking process involved with anodizing only one section of a piece of metal. But I am a printer by trade, and in my humble...
  8. lithography

My 1800 has no raised edge where the darker color starts, with my eyes closed I feel no transition from the bottom brown section to the silver top, it is totally smooth. Here is a detail, it is anodized:
  9. lithography

I just noticed this years ago and was curious, as they rarely come up for sale. It's a minor cosmetic detail, they are all beautiful, but with so few units out there, it's a noticeable difference in the small sample of units known to exist.
  10. lithography

Dave, it would be interesting to see a photo of your faceplate, thanks.
  11. lithography

Would be interesting to see a close up of Dave 451’s faceplate, (anodized or painted) and if by chance his 1800’s serial number is close to the unit in question.
  12. lithography

I went home and took a good look at my 1800. It sure looks to me like the bottom section is anodized aluminum, as the grain structure of the metal is visible. Yes, they do fade, and for sure, how they are photographed plays a role, no doubt. However, for the 1800 with the documentation, and a...
  13. lithography

I've noticed there seems to be two different types of finish to the bottom section of the 1800. The one below on the right is a dark brown matt finish (like the one with the documentation from 1967) and on the left is a more reddish-brown anodized finish. Steve, I believe you and I have the more...
  14. lithography

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

It's now been a year now since I installed my Dave G. restored Fisher 50az mono blocks and 400cx preamp, and what year it has been. Getting the hi fi out of the man cave and into the living room in our new flat has been a real positive development. Now we enjoy more music in the evening, in a...
  15. lithography

My activities here might be curtailed for awhile.......

Sorry to hear about your father's passing, my condolences. Hey, that's one very good looking home, love the classic 50's ranch style and the garden, no private park, is quite impressive. I'm so used to living in small Swiss apartments (850 square ft) for the same price, I can't image what it...
Back
Top Bottom