Recent content by llwhtt

1. llwhtt

Hafler DH-500 Fried

At audio frequencies the inductor is a short circuit and all the current will be going thru it, very little will be going thru the resistor. At very high frequencies the impedance of the inductor will increase causing the current to go thru the resistor instead. Craig
  2. llwhtt

Bryston 3B vs Parasound 2125

Just on build quality alone I would go with the Bryston.
  3. llwhtt

Speaker factory - dual 8" tower - anyone know these?

White van speakers with a website?
  4. llwhtt

Harman Kardon 630 power supply

D806, 21V 1W Zener diode, provides the reference voltage for the voltage regulator. With that said the output of the regulator will never be 21V as there are 2 PN junctions in the path to the output, BE of TR802 and then BE of TR801 for a total voltage drop of approx. 1.2V. So the best you can...
  5. llwhtt

Yamaha M-60 Score - Protection Mode Troubleshooting

NCO club IIRC? I was there during the "disco" years so I didn't go there very often. I DO remember fish and chips at the USO, pretty good eatin'.
  6. llwhtt

Yamaha M-60 Score - Protection Mode Troubleshooting

Zombie like!
  7. llwhtt

BGW 410 Amp bad cap and need advice

Those look to be C60 and C61, they are part of the power supply for the relay circuitry. Panasonic FC or Nichicon PW would be fine for those. Measure the distance between the pins and order some that will fit, you'll probably have to up the voltage, keep the capacitance the same. Craig
  8. llwhtt

Inexpensive way to make feet for amps

Those are good for replacing the felt pads that some plastic feet have or used to have.
  9. llwhtt

Inexpensive way to make feet for amps

+1 on McMaster-Carr's assortment of feet.
  10. llwhtt

Motorola 2n6229 and 2n5632 replacements?

2N6229 and 2N5632 are lower rated versions of the 2N6230 and 2N5630 series. Current replacements for those are MJ15003G and MJ15004G, these are premium versions of the 2N5630 series. MJ15015/16G would probably work but the MJ15003/4G are in the same "family" as the 2Nxxxx series. MJ15015/16G...
  11. llwhtt

Why Does My Marantz 250 Amp Keep Eating the Protection Relay?

The relay pins look a bit long, are there any marks on the chassis where the relay would be when the board is mounted to the chassis?
  12. llwhtt

HarmAn Kardon Citation 11 - DC on One Output

I can see from that picture the signal is coming from the two series capacitors in each channel. Monitor those capacitors for DC when turning on the preamp. Also check for bad solder joints on the connectors. I doubt the "box" is causing the DC problem, what goes in the box comes out of the box...
  13. llwhtt

Maybe it's muting the output instead of the input like the earlier version. The click sounds like a relay. DeOxit the connectors.
  14. llwhtt

Though the part desiginations are different the circuit might be the same. Check for +24VDC on the collectors of the transitor closest to the two black capacitors in each channel. Those capacitors are the output capacitors, C515,516,523,524 on the schematic. I can see from your pictures that...
  15. llwhtt

Why Does My Marantz 250 Amp Keep Eating the Protection Relay?

I would say that's the wrong relay if the coil is on the end pins. Pins 9 and 12 are the Common pins, 1 and 4 NC, 5 and 8 are NO. That's the way you swapped the pins OR that's the way you are going to swap the pins? It says the coil has polarity, is the polarity correct? I re-read your post, you...
Back
Top Bottom