Recent content by Lo-Fidelity

1. Lo-Fidelity

Revitalizing AK

Love AudioKarma! AudioKarma is responsible for my renewed interest in audio in general and vintage audio in particular. Without the expertise of the members here, I would have never been able to recap and upgrade a non working Fisher 500c, or repair my Marantz receiver, or recap, refoam, and...
  2. Lo-Fidelity

Birds - Post 'em up

Game cam photo.
  3. Lo-Fidelity

Atlanta area tech for mid-70s Kenwood receiver?

Just saw this note. Thanks. Probably a bit too much of a drive for my buddy but who knows?
  4. Lo-Fidelity

What is your favorite guitar solo and why?

WTF? Five pages and no Neil Young?
  5. Lo-Fidelity

Vandersteen Model 2c woofer rattle issue

I second what Gordon said. I had a La Scala do that and the spider had come loose. I long swab and some epoxy fixed.
  6. Lo-Fidelity

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Inter audio 4000 I have never seen them and not much on the internet. Seems these may not have been marketed in the US. I passed on these at $20 needing refoam and no grills.
  7. Lo-Fidelity

The Non-Klipsch Horns

Super nice. Thanks.
  8. Lo-Fidelity

Quartet with locked woofer

After a few hours of listening to my “new” Quartets I concur that they were worth saving.
  9. Lo-Fidelity

The Non-Klipsch Horns

Can we get some pictures of your setup? I have a similar dimensioned barn and am looking for ideas.
  10. Lo-Fidelity

My poor boy repair is working!!!! I am pretty surprised as I didn’t see this going too well when I started. Anyway, glued the dust cap back in place and have the speakers in their hallowed spot in my barn. Not acoustically idea, but safe from most of what I do. As usual AudioKarma comes...
  11. Lo-Fidelity

Well I have done all I can do. Took the jig off and put epoxy in the gap, removed the slims and epoxied those gaps as well. Reinstalled jig and centered back plate as best I could. Did a quick sound check which seemed ok. Now just need to let the epoxy cure until tomorrow and see what I...
  12. Lo-Fidelity

Couldn’t find any 6” pvc pipe for the jig in my operating area. I had a piece of 4” thin wall in the barn and cut three pieces to fit around the magnet and clamped down with a hose clamp. Getting the back of the driver in place without damaging the voice coil was another challenge. I ended...
  13. Lo-Fidelity

Well some people can’t help themselves. I am one of those. Pulled the back off the driver. This was not easy as the magnet has a death grip on the plate. Started by using a clamp to drive a knife between the magnet and plate. Then pries up and inserted larger and larger wooden shims until...
  14. Lo-Fidelity

Klipsch not much help. Oh well. High marks for quick response. I'll probably drop a C-note for the replacement with the similar sensitivity and harmonic range. I hate it when free stuff costs me money, but curiosity usually wins out. From Klipsch, "Hi R, Thank you for contacting...
  15. Lo-Fidelity

It’s a little damaged where I removed the dust cover but is probably ok. Looks worse in the photo.
Back
Top Bottom