Recent content by loguvna

1. L

abcd

abcd
  2. L

Greetings from eastern North Carolina

mount olive pickles are in grocery stores around the country - should certainly be in GA.
  3. L

Clarification on SX model lines

learning the gutz of these machines now - never thought i would need this intel until you are looking at a restoration. one thing I do remember about the differences in the years was the x50 were solid state? and AC amps? and when the x80 series came along, the amps were DC, and in that...
  4. L

LO Guvna's SX Journey - original owner

thank you awesome - I don't mind talking about this. In fact, its kinda therapeutic. You are correct, it was a great era. the 50 series was a great advancement for Pioneer over their ....727, whatever that format was. I think that was a tube generation, but the 50 series was very state of...
  5. L

LO Guvna's SX Journey - original owner

hello forum, this is my 3rd post - the first 2 were getting my feet wet. I am 54, I live in the Dallas area, raised in North Carolina. I am the original owner of an SX 950, 2 HPM100s, and a PL630. I bought these units new, as a teenager. I also had a pair of SE700s, that I loved, but wore...
  6. L

Greetings from eastern North Carolina

new here as well - now texas, but grew up in eastern NC - Kinston, and purchased an sx 950, 2 hpm100s and a pl630 with my summer money while in junior high. imagine that as a young teenager. I still have my equipment, and will be restoring them. well, the receiver and turntable. the speakers...
  7. L

SX-950 Balance pot bypass

I am a new member, and an original 950 owner - unit was flawless for years, until the balance started to crackle, and then drop the left channel. you could thump it, and tap it, and left channel would return. i tried replacing the pot, but I am not an experienced technician, and who knows if...
Back
Top Bottom