Recent content by Loud & Clear

1. Loud & Clear

Soundcraftsmen A5002 X2...

A few more pictures. Amplifier metering is switchable between bar/dot/off modes via the "re-purposed" speaker switching on the front of the units.. .
  2. Loud & Clear

Wups I forgot to post the finished product. Here they are in action. The subsonics are clean right down to below 20 cycles. Turned out better than I had anticipated. If you are looking for a whole album completely full of subsonics, give Pink Floyd "a momentary lapse of reason" a try and see how...
  3. Loud & Clear

What Does an Underbiased Amp Sound Like?

When in doubt, run class ab's a little hot, just a little.
  4. Loud & Clear

Amplifier 2 is well on it's way. .
  5. Loud & Clear

Please ignore the post above. I was trying to fix up the format and can't seem to find the "delete" option. I know this is probably the wrong place for this type post, But, I am in need of 1 soundcraftsmen amplifier speaker switch. One of my switches is broken. Most of the S.C. amplifiers with...
  6. Loud & Clear

Thank you for the compliment. We all have out "nitches" in which we excel. Indeed, headroom is everything. Especially for the subsonics enthusiast such as myself...
  7. Loud & Clear

Ok, I just got around to examining, and subsequently fixing the problem with my rail switching indicators. With using the high intensity blue l.e.d.'s with a 14K resistors in series, I found through examination that the 47uf (C23) capacitor was to large. It made the l.e.d.'s sluggish coming on...
  8. Loud & Clear

Thank you just dave. I'm spread pretty thin, but I am exited to get it accomplished and give it a listen. "Thoughts Become Things"... :)
  9. Loud & Clear

Here are a few pictures of one amplifier being put through it's paces. These are just a few quick snapshot taken quickly. I've yet to illuminate the clip indicators. The amplifier is just to powerful and I worry about the speaker, even though the are made to handle the "theoretical" power from...
  10. Loud & Clear

Thank you very much MarZutra. Ok, Thanks. I'm getting a fast attack slow decay on rail switching indicators. I can see I have to make a few changes. Very hard these days to find "standard" l.e.d.'s everything is way to bright now a days. Not every application takes an l.e.d. with 7000mcd...
  11. Loud & Clear

I actually have one of these amplifiers done. I didn't want to post pictures till I have them both done. The sound and dynamic range are out of this world. Never heard anything like it. More about that later. Right now I have a question for Soundcraftsmen H class owners. Goat67, you out...
  12. Loud & Clear

Finally back at this again. Generally, it is the wait for parts the is taking the most time... I found I could not do the dual mono conversion. Well, I could, but would have to eliminate the protect circuitry. So I am going just going to make them high performance stereo amplifiers. The...
  13. Loud & Clear

Matching hFE for Differential Pair

True this. For differential pairs, Vbe (beta) is a better reference. And for drivers, finals, etc... hfe is a better reference...
  14. Loud & Clear

Well, I gave into temptation. I have started disassembling my amplifiers. I have begun to add emitter resistors and transistor sockets. Therefore adding 4 extra output transistors per amplifier 2 per channel... I know 4 per board is better than 3, makes em' more rugged indeed... ;) Center...
Back
Top Bottom