Recent content by Love Vintage

1. Love Vintage

Marantz Capacitor Identification?

Thanks for checking with them, I didn’t know what TI meant, hopefully they will reply… Terry
  2. Love Vintage

Yes I see that, I am asking what type of electrolytic cap they might be as opposed to the value and voltage of the cap. I have the service manual and it doesn’t specify the type just the value and voltage. Has anyone else seen the specific Marantz part number printed on caps before? It makes...
  3. Love Vintage

The cap in the picture is on the Dolby tape monitor board AW115-2003, cap number C566, there are over a dozen of these caps in various boards.
  4. Love Vintage

You can see the other side in the second picture, they are polarized electrolytic caps, but I am curious the type of cap they are. They have the Marantz part number on them from the service manual which is unusual. There are probably over a dozen of them in the preamp. I will add another post...
  5. Love Vintage

These silver caps have Marantz house numbers on them like some of their early transistors, I have not seen that before. Has anyone else seen these or know what type they might be? They are in a Marantz 3800 I am working on. Terry
  6. Love Vintage

Marantz Model 500 Parts List & Pictures

The correct number for Q401 & Q402 is 2N3440, not 2N3044.
  7. Love Vintage

Marantz 2110/2130 Scope Pot

I have a 2110 that is missing the horizontal adjustment pot, it is 10k but small, I have been unable to locate a new replacement for it. Has anyone been able to locate this size of pot from a supplier? The shaft is 5mm in diameter and about 20mm long from the threads, here is a picture of its...
  8. Love Vintage

Distortion analyzer Recommendation

I looked at the Quant Asylum website today and they do have limited availability on the QA401, but also mentioned that a new version QA402 should be released in March. I don’t understand enough of the difference in specs between the 2 to decide if I should wait or not. If any of you have...
  9. Love Vintage

Strobe housing missing marantz 6300

Did you find the housing you need? If not PM me I might have one. Terry
  10. Love Vintage

Thanks so much Steven, I told my wife what you said, she is thankful to be alive and cognitive, the motor skills will come as time goes by. She has an appointment with the neurosurgeon Tuesday next week, so we will see if she can lower her meds and do more physical activities. The chip factory...
  11. Love Vintage

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, my wife is slowly getting back to normal, her balance is better she can walk by herself now, and the severe headaches are going away. I went to the Quantasylum website to order a QA401 and found out their chip manufacturer burned to the ground and...
  12. Love Vintage

Thank you for all the information, I have been unable to view this thread since I posted it, unfortunate my wife suffered a brain aneurysm after I posted this question. She is a runner and had her aneurysm while running, she passed out fell in the road on her face, broke her nose and had a...
  13. Love Vintage

I have repaired 20 to 25 different Marantz models in the last 5 years or so and I am curious about testing the quality of the repair, what Distoration analyzer do you guys use to test after repairs? I know I would need a low Distoration signal Generator as well. I am open to any recommended...
  14. Love Vintage

Marantz Model 500 - Relay Board Semiconductors The information is the same format as above, original semiconductor to replacement and hfe measurements on the original parts installed on the boards taken over 3 sets of parts. Q401,402 SJ2582 to 2N3044 orig hfe 46-74 Q403-406 MPS A43 to current...
  15. Love Vintage

Here are a couple more, the first one is the process of setting the bias points, there are 4 measurement locations that you have to balance. First each pair and then balance both pairs as close as possible to each other, and if that is not enough you have to keep dc offset to below 100mv...
Back
Top Bottom