Recent content by lsneon

1. lsneon

suggestions for accessing speaker relay in SA-8500

I need to DeOx my speaker relay. I've got it spotted behind the power switch but would like to hear from someone who has done this before attempting. If I can get good access might even put a little spit polish on the contacts but the very least it needs is a good hosing with D-5. Thanks to all...
  2. lsneon

Pioneer SA 8500 loosing channel

First thing I did was D-5'd anything that moves. I swear by that stuff. I just figured it was an elec cap going bad. Thought I'd ask if anyone could point me in a likely direction. It's odd in that sometimes the channel fades after 2-3 minutes, rt now it's been on 30 min and still have both...
  3. lsneon

Pioneer SA 8500 loosing channel

When my SA 8500 warms up, the left channel seems to fade out on most inputs. Any suggestions on where to start looking as a likely culprit? TIA lsneon
  4. lsneon

SA 8500 input selector repair - leftover parts -

I just replaced the vol/bal - input selector assembly. I have the damaged unit and will send it to someone willing to pay the shipping. The only thing damaged is the input selector switch. The vol/bal and the board appear good and were working when pulled from service. Thanks to all who...
  5. lsneon

change input/volume unit on SA 8500 - question on twisted connections

Intro - Thanks all - I'm Bob and I have a SA 8500 that someone used too much force on the input selector and no longer works. I have a donor unit that appears good.I am curious about the original connections. Single strand wire wrapped around a post 5-6 times. Should I try to save and reuse...
Back
Top Bottom