Recent content by LuckyLyndy

1. LuckyLyndy

Headshell for Scott PS 68 A turntable

I wanted to thank mythless again for his help. I spent some time looking at the ADC shells on eBay, and have a question. Should I just go for one that looks the closest to the Scott PS 68 A version? Mine has that connection mount, but is secured with a plastic screw on the top of the tonearm...
  2. LuckyLyndy

Thank you, mythless You have put me on the right path. I do wonder if there are differences on those ADC style, when I type that into eprey, I get Denon, some Yamaha, and Sony. But I am heartened with your observation. There does seem to be shells with a top pin in the adjoining top to the...
  3. LuckyLyndy

I have this Scott direct drive turntable. It has a straight tonearm, and the cartridge shell is proprietary in my opinion. I would like to acquire a second head shell, but when they come up on auction sites, they are expensive. I have even looked at buying a broken model to get the head shell...
  4. LuckyLyndy

Power and cable management

dcgibby, That is a nice idea of hiding the surge strip. :)
  5. LuckyLyndy

Thanks, swechsler! I will look at that, though I wonder if a longer surge strip might be less space consuming. The previous owner of the house drilled a hole in the back of the shelf, and down to a power box inside a sliding door cabinet. Not a bad idea, but those cables and interconnects would...
  6. LuckyLyndy

I have a question about this horror of spaghetti wires. So, there is a wall wart, or plug for all of this: Turntable Power Plug Phono Pre (wall wart) DAC (wall wart) and Adapter (wall wart) A/V Receiver Power Plug CD Player Power Plug I have two surge units, and those wall warts are hogging two...
  7. LuckyLyndy

Following the Audio Path

Very helpful, spark1 So, for the PC flow chart. I think the Creative Sound Blaster DAC is better than the one in the Fosi BT Pro, thus I should send the sound card signal out as analog, which then shouldn't be touched by the Fosi internal DAC. If I want to add an external DAC in the chain, I...
  8. LuckyLyndy

Following the Audio Path

Thanks, spark1. Do I degrade the audio signal in the PC mobo by just using the line out? Should I use the incoming audio sound card, and what does that do with the audio signal from the mobo? Is that bypassed as well? Do the hard drive FLAC files go directly into the sound card?
  9. LuckyLyndy

Following the Audio Path

If anyone can post a link, I am wondering about the audio path from my PC desktop hard drive. What is the point of buying a motherboard soundcard, if you are going to take the outgoing signal to an outside chip amp? And doesn't the chip amp have an onboard DAC? I'm getting the impression of...
  10. LuckyLyndy

Art pre 2 vs art pre limited edition?

I have been following this same path, albeit in a more circuitous route. I dug out from my audio box what I thought was two phono preamps. And both power supplies were missing. I ordered the one for the ART, and now find I was not careful in realizing what I had. It was the ART DI/O tube DAC...
  11. LuckyLyndy

Buddy Looking for a NEW TT in the $500 + - Range

I have been using a Scott PS 68A with an Audio Tech cartridge for the last twenty five years. It doesn't get much use vs my CD and streamer, but I have been looking at the Fluance and the Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Evo as well. Does anybody have any experience, or input on those Technics clones...
  12. LuckyLyndy

Panasonic SA-XR45 receiver-Does it have Pre-Outs?

Thanks! It sure is unclear! I'm done for the day. Time to grab some popcorn and watch the vinyl audiophiles meltdown about Mobile Fidelity revealing they have cut their vinyl from DSD digital transfers for the last 20 years. :0)
  13. LuckyLyndy

Panasonic SA-XR45 receiver-Does it have Pre-Outs?

I have a question. I have this receiver, and I do not see any 'Pre-Out' in the back connections. It has a "SECOND AUDIO OUT to connect a stereo amplifier in another room.Choose whether to output the audio of the source playing on this unit or audio from another source"...
  14. LuckyLyndy

General Hook up Questions

Thanks for the confessional, E-Stat. That gave me a good laugh!:rflmao: All my family is on the Apple train, but I refuse. Well, except my nephew, but he runs Linux, so the ruffian doesn't count. Orsen, thank you for the links. I am truly mystified by my problem. Like I said, I had a year old...
  15. LuckyLyndy

General Hook up Questions

Does that mean you use the Apple devil phone? :0) I am going to set up a separate system on the floor, with the original set up, to see if that works with the DAC. But that would be all balanced. Perhaps I should lug down another older A/V receiver, and see if the DAC connects with that. Right...
Back
Top Bottom