Recent content by Luis.correia

1. Luis.correia

Sansui G9700 finally homed after two years

Hi. Quick update. The Sansui is still working after a week :) so a good sign. sounds great. What a piece of kit. Actually the tone controls are very subtle. I have been reading about it and it seems like a trait of these old Sansui receivers I find that it sounds better with the tone...
  2. Luis.correia

Show Me Your Sansui!

Here’s mine. The G9799
  3. Luis.correia

Sansui G9700 finally homed after two years

After two years and 3 repair shops later, my Sansui G9700 is finally at home working beautifully. I was almost about to give up. Glad I didn’t. It’s a Beautiful piece. Just hope it last more 40 years anyone who has this model: do you use the tone defeat on or off? When off what are the...
  4. Luis.correia

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Bowie, Blackstar. 4 years of his passing today
  5. Luis.correia

Sansui G-9700...after 2 years..

Well.... so I got to the repair shop.... the guy said it had been or the last two days.. did every test possible. When I got there.... is wouldn’t power up :( ........ Imagine guys face. And mine. Waiting for the guy to call back next week. Guess this receiver isn’t meant to be...
  6. Luis.correia

Sansui G-9700...after 2 years..

More than 2 years after I got my hands on a Sansui G-9700 from a friend of my father',... its finally fixed. It came in with a series of problems, entering in protection mode, sound from only one channel. Some parts that were needed werent already made.... the receiver went to 3 different...
  7. Luis.correia

Audio Technica LP120 TT?

+1 for the PLX-1000
  8. Luis.correia

Recommend a Cartridge for a Technics SL1200MK2

Nagaoka MP-110 or the 2m Blue
  9. Luis.correia

Denon DJ VL12 / Pioneer PLX-1000

There are countless threads with people bashing the PLX-1000. Hope this one doesnt turn out that way. I have a PLX-1000 and I love it. I titally agree with you. Its a quality product. I found that 99% of people that bash it 1) never hread it, 2) never owned one. Its a very nice turntable. For...
  10. Luis.correia

AKG K550 head band replacement?

Does anyone know where can I get a replacement head pad cushioning for my AKG K550Headphones? It’s peallimg off. I found some for other brands but nor for these. Thanks.
  11. Luis.correia

The Technics 1200 Fascination?

I imagine you do... I was refering to the other comments :)
  12. Luis.correia

The Technics 1200 Fascination?

its called the roman numerals ;)
  13. Luis.correia

Art DJ Pre II phono preamp

Very good sound. But prone to interference.once I installed a tv power line.... it was noisy as hell. Had to disconnect the powerline everytime I wanted to listen to music. Sold it. Got a Cambridge audio cp1. The art DJ is perfectly quiet with the power line on....
  14. Luis.correia

Phono preamp best and models

I recently sold my Schiit Mani. Lovely sound but very porine to interference. I still have my DJ art II.... and I love it. Silent as a mouse. No interference at all.
  15. Luis.correia

Bass traps and acoustic panels for my space

Hi guys. I have a system setup in my man “cave”. It’s not the best space for sound since it has a lot of glass and it’s a small room. I added rugs, etc. it sounds fine now but I was thinking of putting some bass traps in the corners or panels. Can you help me out? What would be the best place...
Back
Top Bottom