Recent content by Luvmonterey

1. Luvmonterey

Need Advice on Bi-Amping a Musical Fidelity A3

Thank you for checking.i really appreciate the information.
  2. Luvmonterey

Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this. It sounds like the MF A3 user’s manual was referring to passive bi-amping. I don’t think that I have any way to separate the mid/treble output from the integrated amp. The manual says “passive bi-amping the A3 can give noticible gains in...
  3. Luvmonterey

Now I’m totally confused. I just read the MF A3 integrated amp manual and it says that to bi-amp, all I need to do is attach my second amp(s) to the left and right pre-out connections on the back and then connect to the base drivers on my speakers. There is no mention of gain controls, active...
  4. Luvmonterey

Thank you for the info!
  5. Luvmonterey

Any suggestions regarding electronic crossovers or where I can get one? Thanks.
  6. Luvmonterey

Thank you for the information!
  7. Luvmonterey

Hi All. I came across an incredible deal on CL for a Musical Fidelity A3 integrated dual mono amplifier, A3 tuner, A3 CD player, and set of B&W 603 series 2 speakers, for so little that I’m embarrassed to even say how much I paid. Needless to say, I’m on a budget and was thrilled with the...
  8. Luvmonterey

Dual 1246 - Loud pop when starting and shutting off

9. Luvmonterey

Thanks for the great information!
  10. Luvmonterey

Thanks, the internal and external ground connections seem to be ok, and presently I have no hum from the tonearm, at least that is noticible at normal listening levels. DIY is ok. I can learn something, and I don't need to pay someone else to do it. Double bonus!
  11. Luvmonterey

Dual 1246: Need Help With Muting Switch

12. Luvmonterey

If the muting switch capacitor is bad, can I replace the cap, or does the whole switch need to be replaced?
  13. Luvmonterey

Thanks. So it sounds like I need to re-cap the muting switch. I haven't done a re-cap before, but I will see if I can figure out where it is and how to do it. I really appreciate the info!
  14. Luvmonterey

Bi-Amping a Musical Fidelity A3?

Hi all. I picked up a Musical Fidelity A3 Dual Mono Integrated Amplifier, along with the matching A3 Tuner, A3 CD Player, and a set of B&W DM 603 S2's on CL the a week ago for $300. All lightly used, from the original owner with all the remotes and accessories. Based upon local pricing, I...
Back
Top Bottom