Recent content by m3gunner

1. m3gunner

A-1000 Rehab: DC voltage in signal path SOLVED

Nice work... thanks for sharing the journey...
  2. m3gunner

Braun/ADS "Atelier" A2 Integrated Amp Restoration

Hi David... Josh sold the amp to me along with a tuner... it sounds fantastic on my L810s (cloth fuzzy grille). Also ran it on my Cornwall IIs and it was awesome there as well...
  3. m3gunner

New to me K-1020 Cassette deck

Nice... I have one that I purchased new when I was in the Army. Probably going to do the same work as it's getting up there in age (aren't we all?). Might look into a recap... luckily, I know a guy that can do that type of work.
  4. m3gunner

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

There's a place in Alameda called "Champlifier" that you might want to check out. No experience with them, but they do advertise that they do vintage gear. http://www.champlifier.com They even have some photos of Pioneer gear in their gallery. smiles, Jamie
  5. m3gunner

3D Printable Tuning bracket for Technics SA-5470

Love it when folks share this type of content... many thanks! It would be so cool to compile all of these 3d-printable items in one location for all of the vintage folks to use. it would be even cooler to have a metal 3d printer to reproduce some of these super rare *have to be metal* parts...
  6. m3gunner

Help with NAD 2200PE Protection Fault

No doubt... and I'm no expert on this type of stuff... however, Peter has identified caps that are surge rated at 125v that work great. Feel free to read up on it: https://quirkaudio.com/?page_id=679 I've been running my amps for a couple of years with exactly zero issues. Work like new...
  7. m3gunner

Help with NAD 2200PE Protection Fault

Check out Peter's site at www.quirkaudio.com... he's done a bunch of work on 2200s and replaces the 120V caps with 100v caps. I have two of these amps with the replacement caps and they are brilliant... he's on AK as well...
  8. m3gunner

Amirm over at audiosciencereview recently Benched a NAD 2200. It did shockingly well.

I have a pair of 2200s that were redone by QuirkAudio... they are brilliant. One of them I purchased new in 1987 when I was in the service and I was able to secure another one for Peter to redo. Just wonderful...
  9. m3gunner

What speakers should I pair with a Realistic STA-90 receiver?

I'm partial to ads speakers... love my L780s with my STA-90...
  10. m3gunner

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

I have two options... but currently I've got my CW2s with Crites diaphragms running on a chip amp due to space limitations... :eek::eek::eek: Option 1: NAD 2200 (pair bridged (recapped and upgraded by QuirkAudio)) + NAD 1155 (recapped and upgraded by QuirkAudio) Option 2: Adcom GFA-565 (pair...
  11. m3gunner

Klipsch Quartet rebuild questions

As mentioned, you can parallel caps for the 80 uF cap... I ended up buying 8 (4 per side) of these from Parts-Express: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dmpc-20-20uf-250v-polypropylene-capacitor--027-436
  12. m3gunner

Report Problems with Ads Here!

Yes... I load AK as part of a set of tabs. If it loads in the background, I almost always get the Flash Player prompt. Amusing because I don't use Flash at all... troubling because it's on AK only. macOS 10.15.0 (Catalina) Safari
  13. m3gunner

What TT's do you folks have

Let's see... my current herd is Yamaha PX-3 (owned since new), Yamaha PF400 (for my daughter), Denon 7F (BNIB), NAD 5120, Technics SL-7, and a Technics SL-10. Regrettably, none of them are hooked up at the new house, but the PX-3 will be soon (once I get the feet rebuilt).
  14. m3gunner

What TT's do you folks have

I thought Chiun was a Dual guy... heh heh... Sorry, very inside joke for fans of the Destroyer series...
  15. m3gunner

Warning - another way for PayPal to keep your money

This has caused me to start to bypass eBay for selling Apple computer equipment that I come across... sellshark.com is below market value, but once you factor in the fees, it's about break even on some items...
Back
Top Bottom