Recent content by M70AB2

1. M70AB2

Why do stereo equipment reviewers never have the music I Play..?

Nice! I was actually joking as I had seen the original comment of course. Like I actually try to blow tweeters. As I wrote, if you know, you know! :D But yeah, all of these could work well. As I have mentioned elsewhere, one track I do use is Laos’ cover of “More Than a Feeling.” Recently was...
  2. M70AB2

Why do stereo equipment reviewers never have the music I Play..?

I use early Ulver and Darkthrone to test gear. It also has to be minimum 115 dB to see if the tweeters hold up. If you know, you know.
  3. M70AB2

Nobsound E6 Preamp Uses Directly Heated Tubes

Anyone know the pitch of the 1uF capacitors?
  4. M70AB2

Been turning my E6 on several hours for the last four days. Maybe sounds punchier, but could be my imagination.
  5. M70AB2

Okay, those WIMAs are coupling capacitors, not filter capacitors.
  6. M70AB2

Do you mean coupling capacitors? Were they film or electrolytic? Film - Coupling Electrolytic - Filter
  7. M70AB2

Maybe try parallel capacitors .01uF - .1uF instead.
  8. M70AB2

Then that’s two of us. And as I previously wrote, zero microphonic issues with my Chinese tubes.
  9. M70AB2

Quick thoughts: the Soviet tubes, for lack of a better description, seem for me to sit between GE 5654W and the Russian 6Zh1P-EV. That is, they seem to enhance female vocals like the GE tube while while retaining the precise detail of the Russian tube. Of course, this is a bit or a lot of an...
  10. M70AB2

As mentioned, I have super bright orange SMD LEDs with which I intend to replace the stock LEDs. Many think this sort of thing is goofy, but I got to thinking that Nobsound had to put them in there. Either that or semi-intelligible online reviews with something like, “Tubes don’t work are...
  11. M70AB2

Something occurred to me last night: this would be an easier method of marking which pins ought to be facing the sockets’ keyway. Instead of removing the tube after visually lining up the top of the tube with the metal key at the base and marking it, mark each pin on both sides of the key with...
  12. M70AB2

The film capacitors are not filter capacitors. They are input and output capacitors. Filter capacitors filter rectified DC of ripple to varying degrees. Theoretically, you could go up in value, but you must stay at the same voltage or higher. I have found that swapping out no-name filter...
  13. M70AB2

Given that I am using the E6 with a garage system that could scarcely be termed “audiophile,” it’s difficult for me to give definitive answers. I only had a very brief time listening with the Soviet tubes. Also, it was with a CD I just grabbed and not a CD I with which I typically test. As a...
  14. M70AB2

Got two tubes out of their metal shells and installed them. Only a very short time listening, but they seem to provide more bass. Guitars are detailed, maybe slightly more? I noticed that at the very top of the tube, there is a small metal tab that aligns with the keyway. This ought to help...
  15. M70AB2

Just got four Soviet tubes from a seller in Romania. Included is a datasheet in Russian. Has that de rigueur Soviet-era font and paper. Reportedly, these tubes are exactly matched. Of course, I need to cut away the metal. Then we will see, er, hear.
Back
Top Bottom