Recent content by maitai

1. maitai

Nakamichi RX505 Dolby switch

perryinva, many thanks. I assumed the part wouldn't be available and had visions of somehow customising a new switch. That link looks a much better idea. :yes: Cheers. EDIT = Now done, all functioning correctly. The guide was spot on, highly recommended.
  2. maitai

Nakamichi RX505 Dolby switch

Hi, I was doing pre-for-sale checks on my 505, (after approx 6 months of no use) and found the dolby on/off switch won't latch, set to off. Does anyone know, before I go in, if there are replacement switches available or if the existing one is fixable? Thanks in advance.
  3. maitai

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Kamagong, The Marantz integrated in the background, is that a PM64, if you say a 94 I'll scream with jealousey!
  4. maitai

New drummer in desperate need of help...

Wow, I remember ALL these same things, you will overcome them. Important points already mentioned. Practice = number 1 Play along to favourite tracks, it is for enjoyment after all. Links already posted, very useful. More? The ringing on your drums, in a live, with band, enviroment...
  5. maitai

Night Shots -Lets see those decks at night!

Some more for the illuminated hall of fame.... Another Denon 44HX and Denon 810 with Nak 505 and Sony MD for good measure, along with a Marantz CD330 (no glow so no show) and a Sony WMD6C, that's all I currently have.
  6. maitai

BEST mid-range turntable?

Good advice, unless you are willing and able to service a deck yourself. Any 2nd hand, belt drive, suspended chassis deck WILL need attention even if its only for adjustment.(Unless from dealer...) I have to admit I fall in the anti 1200 group, but it may be right for you. Rega P1, yes a...
  7. maitai

Songs with Math in the Title

There's also band names, for starters... Divide & Conquer Joy Division
  8. maitai

Songs with Math in the Title

I did have a really long list until I removed those already mentioned! 2 4 6 8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Magnetic Fields 1 - Jean Michel Jarre (many more by him) Karn Evil No 9 - Emerson Lake & Palmer (a few more by them too) Barclay James Harvest - The Great 1974 Mining Disaster Song 2 -...
  9. maitai

Marantz CD-63 mods

Lm4562HA Has anyone found a CHEAP source for these(LM4562HA)? I have them in mind for a couple of projects, 63 included. (Prices I've found are a bit scary) Thanks in advance
  10. maitai

Experience with Denon DR-M44?

You will definitely enjoy the 44. I had the 44Hx when I was a lot younger and still have a fair few recording made by it. I recently snuffled another for peanuts, it needed belts, partial dismantle of the mech. for good clean up/lube. There were also some dodgy solder joints and the plug in...
  11. maitai

Drummers! Post pics of your kit!

THIS is what I use lone practice for, then, when you've mastered and integrated a new idea/sound, let it loose on the band and see their faces, on the next meet you can be sure another member been working hard to top you, BRILL!
  12. maitai

Which model NAK cassette deck sounds the best?

The three head decks have the instant advantage of 'live' tuning by ear, makes the process much faster. I have owned several but used many different models. Currently I have the RX-505e, which I am totally satisfied with, with the addition of both sides of the tape without attention. So to...
  13. maitai

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Wow! Just read through the whole thread, I've lost count of the ones I didn't know or had forgotten about. (It'll take me years to catch up now) Three of my faves I've not seen specifically mentioned are... Genensis.....Trespass Pink Floyd...Wish You Were Here Jethro Tull...Stormwatch...
  14. maitai

Help save my turntable experience! Pictures + Sample

Hello! Just picked up on this, sorry to be late. The main point of the user/deck experience, in the case of the Rega P1, is that it is as close to plug 'n' play as you can get on a decent deck. This entails putting the belt on, popping on the platter, winding the counterweight up to the...
  15. maitai

Superscope (Marantz) CD-330 Portable Cassette Deck

^ Ok, I spoke to a mate who had one of these in the past. YES the meters should light up via a specific switch.(battery saving?) so hush my beak! On his he had a faulty switch and dodgy connection to the bulbs. Maybe worth a look...
Back
Top Bottom