majick47's Recent Activity

1. majick47 replied to the thread what does a worn out record sound like?.

Solid bet the record is worn out and beyond hope of salvation due to gross mistreatment. Plenty of advice om AK if you do a AK Google...

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:57 PM
  2. majick47 replied to the thread Love turntable?.

Save us the pain, OP do a AK Google search for prior posts. I have no love for Love..

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  3. majick47 replied to the thread Kyocera PL-601 TT or something else?.

By far I wouldn't consider it anything like a total dollar loss situation by purchasing the Grado 8MZ stylus, it was a smart move to me...

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:13 AM
  4. majick47 replied to the thread Clean your stylus!.

I'v been using Last Stylus cleaner for years and no harm and the stylus came out looking close to new but they weren't as dirty as those...

Apr 23, 2017 at 9:58 AM
  5. majick47 replied to the thread Well, dang. Grado Black + 8mz revelation.

Onwardjames re the 0 antiskate recommendation I'v been doing that with my Grados with excellent results since I called Grado in NY and...

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM
  6. majick47 replied to the thread Micro Seiki, anyone?.

I just checked Ebay and I only found two Solid 5s, one in Germany and another from France, both listed at many multiple $ of what you...

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:59 AM
  7. majick47 replied to the thread Micro Seiki, anyone?.

I just checked Ebay and I only found two Solid 5s, one in Germany and another from France, both listed at many multiple $ of what you...

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:58 AM
  8. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

I havn't bought a new table in many years but as I remember the store would have a model on display and if you decided to purchase it...

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:20 AM
  9. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

I'm going to disagree here and say that Project does not deserve any support from the audio community due to their continued mfg of...

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:26 PM
  10. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

On giving this more thought to me it looks like the Project Carbon is aimed at the first time turntable buyer who has never heard a...

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:18 PM
  11. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

On giving this more thought to me it looks like the Project Carbon is aimed at the first time turntable buyer who has never heard a...

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:17 PM
  12. majick47 replied to the thread Modern Direct Drive TT ?.

Mr Pig I was going to add the Brinkman to the very short list of todays current QUALITY direct drives but the price as you said makes...

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:58 PM
  13. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

Project appears to be taking the opposite model the Japanese used to market their turntables. The Japanese low end tables exhibited a...

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:51 AM
  14. majick47 replied to the thread Modern Direct Drive TT ?.

The only company presently making a QUALITY direct drive table at a reasonable price is Technics, looks to be about $2,000 for the...

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM
  15. majick47 replied to the thread Pro-ject Debut Carbon woes, regret, and acceptance..

The Project HUM has been discussed many times over here on AK and every other audio site on the net. Projects answer is a new...

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:12 PM