majick47's Recent Activity

1. majick47 replied to the thread New Dual Turntables - any opinions?.

Grenadeslio is spot on re cartridge choice making or breaking what you will hear from any turntable. All the info is available here in...

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM
  2. majick47 replied to the thread Enjoying the Monster.

Some of my gear came from very affluent towns, one owner was loosing hearing, sold me his totl ADS speakers. Local SA thrift store has a...

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:52 PM
  3. majick47 replied to the thread Turntable performance - from my experience I have found........

Agree with Dusty if the record isn't clean you lost the war before the battle started. Attention to every little detail, could take days...

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:39 PM
  4. majick47 replied to the thread U-Turn Pluto - Nice sound but not enough volume.

Deoxed a C2 and all controls were back to normal. Give it a try cheap/easy to do.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:29 PM
  5. majick47 replied to the thread Thorens TD160S MkV or Rega Planar 2?.

Unfortunate but as time went by things have taken a backwards step, that Thorens and Grace today would be quite dear ($) if sold new...

Jun 12, 2018
  6. majick47 replied to the thread Technics SL1200 MK2.

They have codes for where it was sold, one of mine was the US military PX system, .

Jun 12, 2018
  7. majick47 replied to the thread Another one hopefully can be saved. Sony PS-X7.

Deoxit the speed controls.

Jun 12, 2018
  8. majick47 replied to the thread Turntables $500 or less, suggestions?.

This is why the OP has to learn the basic skills of TT set up, between AK, owners manual, YouTube videos there's all kinds of help to...

Jun 12, 2018
  9. majick47 replied to the thread Thorens TD160S MkV or Rega Planar 2?.

Thorens with Grace would be an upgrade from Rega IMO.

Jun 12, 2018