Recent content by marknoir

1. M

Infinity Beta L-EMIM buzz

It’s an old trick to use hairdryer to tighten them up. I never had any problems with tweeters. EMIMs and especially L-EMIMs mostly.
  2. M

I was able to disassemble my unit completely (because it was buzzing); one wire fell off the aluminum part of the diaphragm during disassembly and I soldered it back using the “under-oil” method; i have replaced the original white felt on magnets with material they use in burn units to treat...
  3. M

Hello Graz. Since you have a non-working diaphragm, and just need the rest of the parts, I’m willing to send you one of my working units, either the factory one, or the one that I have restored, if you think you will not need to destroy it in your research?
  4. M

Hello, Happy New Year and thank you for your post. Could the same person who sent you these parts send you the rest? I’m sure we will be happy to chip in to pay for shipping. I have only working units, I’m sorry, but if you need my input on what I used for the white very light material, I can...
  5. M

Audio Research SP6B problems

Yes, I have to be careful next time. Amazing stuff is often garbage. New caps should sound better and faster, but some people would prefer originals. I’ll give it a good try in a couple of days. Btw, new caps are tiny compared to originals…
  6. M

Solved! Stupid slow-bliw fuses from Amazon ARE NOT SLOW-BLOW, they are garbage! So I spent $60 on caps because I’ma Moron and didn’t but reputable fuses… Preamp works fine now, I re-biased it too. Old caps ALL check-out really good, so I’ll keep them in case I want to sell it and new owner wants...
  7. M

No No excessive capacitance, it’s all original. I have just replaced all electrolytics, didn’t have time to turn it on hard yet. But slow start in variac shows the same hi amperage burst when heaters begin to work and tubes begin to conduct. It’sa Mister to me. Because after bringing it up to...
  8. M

Hi. I knew they were bad because the resistor was burnt, diode measured open, and capacitor was shorted to ground. That was simple.
  9. M

I just started. So far I confirmed HV and LV voltages. Didn’t get to isolation PS parts
  10. M

Hi. What am I looking for? Cracks in traces?
  11. M

Hi. I left the unit on for over an hour. Caps are cold. The one nearest the phono tubes got a little warm, But I mean only a few degrees. So far this is a mystery to me…I think I should replace the caps anyway, just in case. They are 40 ys old.
  12. M

Hi. Thank you for reply. I got the unit with three dead parts in power supply: one side, one resistor and one small capacitor. I’ve replaced them all, and brought it up slowly on variac. It worked fine, showing specified high and low voltages. But when I tried to turn it on from standard 120v...
  13. M

Hi all. I'm not sure I'm in the right forum - I need help troubleshooting this SP6B... Thx
  14. M

The Official SOTA Turntable Thread

Hi 1. You don’t need the PIB box. Many people want them, so your won’t have any problem selling it; 2. Yes, 3 screws. If it doesn’t come out easy, remove the whole armboard, you’ll see it’s bolts, also three; 3. Don’t know anything about the re-wiring of that arm.
  15. M

I sent you a couple of links in PM. They are synthetic material used to treat burns. https://www.berktree.com/cellona-orthopedic-felt-adhesive-padding-2mm-x-58cm-x-1m-model-551734.html https://www.saveritemedical.com/products/cellona-synthetic-undercast-padding-6-x-3-3-yards
Back
Top Bottom