markthefixer
Birthday:
May 10, 1958 (Age: 59)
Rescuing Pioneer Silver

Share This Page

markthefixer

On Hiatus, dealing with Dad's estate full time, Male, 59, from Bensenville,Illinois

Subscriber
    1. Sid Ellis
      Sid Ellis
      Mark, you sent a note to me on ebay about fixing the clutch for a F1000. I have three of them. Please contact me with an address and I will send to you. Thanks, Sid Ellis
    2. Jbmorrey
      Jbmorrey
      Mark, I have a Pioneer sx950 that has a crackle and popping intermittent sound on when my phono output is being used, phono 1 and 2. Aux and tuner work fine with no problems. Hooked up Turntable to another amp and it was fine, so I narrowed it down to the pioneer, any thoughts on what it might need? thanks for your help.
    3. sredwine
      sredwine
      Mark, I have a CT-F1000 with a clutch that needs repair-can I send it to you?

Thanks Stan
    4. Artg
      Artg
      Hi Mark, I have a unmolested CT-F9191 clutch assembly that I acquired after a local repair tech botched my original.

I would like to send it to you for a rebuild if your are still doing them.

Thanks, Art
    5. Tigerpaw07
      Tigerpaw07
      I recently just found a Pioneer CT-F9191 Stereo Cassette Deck at a thrift store. Everything worked fine for a few days and then the FF and REV tabs stopped working. Members on this forum suggested that I send the deck to you and that it may have a cracked clutch? I also noticed that you are on hiatus right now. If you are unavailable could you point me to someone who may be able to fix it?
    6. duffymds
      duffymds
      Hi Mark. I was was recently referred to to you by Echowars. I have a Pioneer SA-9100 I'd like to have recapped--sounds like you might have more important things going on at the moment, but I thought I'd see if you're still doing repairs. I'm on the north side of Chicago, so not too far away. thanks for your time, Mike
    7. Eddyv
      Eddyv
      Hi Mark. I was referred to you for the repair/replacement of the idler clutches on the 2 CT-F9191 units I have. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I'm roughly and hour from Bensenville. Thanks!
      1. Tigerpaw07 likes this.
    8. Nyko
      Nyko
      1. Nyko
        Nyko
        Hi Mark - just wanted to confirm I'm in the queue. Provided my contact details but didn't get any confirmation from you. Are you even back repairing? Thanks, Brent
        Toronto, Ontario
        Apr 25, 2017
    9. Selk36
      Selk36
      Hello Mark can I send you my clutch of my CT-F9191 for repair? What are your rates and where do I send it?
      Steve
    10. cpw302
      cpw302
      Mark
      I also would like to have the clutch repair on my ctf1000. How do I get it to you.
      Patrick
    11. F Staverman
      F Staverman
      Hi Mark I'm also interested in having my CT-F1000 clutch repaired
    12. 5thgear
      5thgear
      Hi Mark,
      I'm interested in having you repair my CT-F1000 clutch. I have it pulled and ready to ship. Are you up for it?
    13. Keith Jacoby
      Keith Jacoby
      Hi Mark,
      I was told by Rich P to contact you and ask if my Pioneer RT-909 R2R's original bias circuit transistors "2SC1382-Y" (R922 and R923 in service manual mother board schematic) could be subbed with Fairchild Semi 512-KSC2690AYS NPN transistors. 2 parts come up in Digikey, very similar but they have different specs for DC current gain.
      Keith J
    14. VisionElect
      VisionElect
      Hello there Mark,
      My name is Mike and I have a CT-F1000 that has the Idler Clutch issue. I see that your on Hiatus currently and am sorry to hear about your loss. Please get back to me when you can, thank you.
    15. JamVal
      JamVal
      Mark, I see you are on hiatus, hope all is well with you under the circumstances.

I have a CT-F9191 with the typical problem of no FF and no REW. The motor runs, as I can hear it kick in when pushing the FF or REW lever. I haven't taken it apart yet to look at the clutch, but assume it is cracked. What is your fee for the rebuild?

Thanks,
      Jim
    16. Watthour
      Watthour
      Just guessing, but is this to minimize crosstalk, transients, or other interference between channels? I wouldn't think three inches of wire would significant in a circuit at these low frequencies.
    17. Watthour
      Watthour
      Not questioning the post, but I'd like to understand: Pioneer SX-850 speaker jacks. I can't find it in 850 docs but others (750, 1050) show what you are stating- the L and R channel speakers grounded via their own wires to a chassis ground.
    18. stushug
      stushug
      Mark, I need my 9191 ff idler repaired. Are you still doing them? Thanks.
    19. mwindle9
      mwindle9
      Hello MarktheFixer! My name is Mike (“mwindle9”). 'Blue Shadow' recommends you; please consider another request. I'm in St. Louis metro and need help with a 1981 Pioneer A-9 amp right-channel “warm-up” issue (Pioneer Audio forum: "PLEASE HELP - Vintage Pioneer A-9 amp needs repair"). I'm semi- electronics-literate, yet have only schematics and a volt/ohm-meter. Can you help?
      Thanx!
      Mike Windle
      MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    20. Keith54
      Keith54
      Hi Mark, I found this board and it looks like you are the person to fix a Pioneer ct-f9191 cassette deck. The fast forward and rewind kick back out in a second or two. I have it tore apart but not quite sure what it needs. Do you repair them? Thanks Keith
  • About

Birthday:
    May 10, 1958 (Age: 59)
    Rescuing Pioneer Silver
    Laneite (google it..., clue: chicago....)

This is it.

Signature

[​IMG]
    Nothing is ever completely fool proof, because fools are so ingenious.