1. Work behind the scenes continues. AK may go offline again for additional database and or Xenforo fixes.
    Dismiss Notice
marloubow
Last Activity:
Aug 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Share This Page

marloubow

Best Day Ever, from Enid, Oklahoma

marloubow was last seen:
Aug 12, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    1. RxDx
    2. tim's cousin
      tim's cousin
      Hi Martin.

I hope you'll help me. First off, thanks for the "new to tubes" post - I'm in a similar position and you've helped me enormously.

There's a wire (the only one) in some thick insulation coming off the bias section which runs from the 2 caps back behind the rectifier to a tube near the front of the chassis. This wire is actually two wires, and I'm not sure how to connect them to the new bias caps. In the original incarnation, one went to positive, the other to negative. I of course removed these wires when I removed the original can. Now do I just attach them the same way (one to positive, one to negative) to the new caps?

I'll be away from the internet for a few days, but will respond ASAP if I've not been clear.

Thanks Martin!

Kevin
    3. derekva
      derekva
      I ended buying a clapped-out 800c cabinet (chipped veneer, etc.) for $60 and reskinning it in cherry veneer. You've made it farther on DIY Fisher cabinets than I ever did...

-Derek
  • About

Fisher 800c, Aksa TLP & Amp, Norman Lab Model 9's, AR3a, Yamaha NS-690's

Photography, Home Brewing, Woodworking

Signature

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne