Recent content by marqueemoon

1. marqueemoon

another Deluxe Reverb

Deluxe Reverbs are nice. Definitely a classic sound. Tube amps are only as good as the maintenance done on them and I'm grateful to everyone out there with the skills and inclination to work on em'.
  2. marqueemoon

Telecaster project. Building two.

I'll second the "not my style but looks nice" comment. The whole point of building a guitar for yourself is to get exactly the guitar you want, so if you like it I'd call it a success. Hoping to embark on a project of my own soon. I've wanted a Jazzmaster with lipstick pickups for at least a...
  3. marqueemoon

Is piano better than guitar?

I’ve played stringed instruments almost all my life, and can really only plunk around on a piano. The range and potential of a piano are amazing, but with my primitive skill level it feels and sounds like I’m pushing buttons. Either is great in the hands of a great player.
  4. marqueemoon

I decided to buy the Fender Deluxe 5e3 signature Edge model

Looks cool. I think my next amp is going to be something tweed flavored.
  5. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

That Guild is awesome. My birds tele got a pickup upgrade (Lindy Fralin Big Singles).
  6. marqueemoon

Today's INDIE Playlist

Heavy rotation right now.
  7. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

Pretty good! So far I've only played it a pretty low volume though. Looking forward to opening it up at practice once I get it back.
  8. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

I bought it from the builder. He lives on the other side of the state from me, so we met halfway and had dinner/beer.
  9. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

Depends on your definition I suppose. One person operation with a fair amount of CNC.
  10. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

It’s Spanish cedar. Hard to say what’s doing what tonally. It had a katalox board (similar to ebony) that’s pretty thick. It’s very resonant and kind of scooped sounding.
  11. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

The body and neck are cedar. It’s set neck.
  12. marqueemoon

Lets See All Them Axes

Here's the latest. It's a 2013 Rhoney Oceana Junior. Just dropped it off for a setup today and I'm already itching to get it back.
  13. marqueemoon

Alvvays

One of my favorite recent discoveries. Probably won't be everyone's cup of tea here, but for folks that love indie pop like I do I highly recommend them.
  14. marqueemoon

If You Could Go Back In Time To One Concert....

Tough choice, but probably Remain In Light-era Talking Heads for me.
  15. marqueemoon

What are you learning today?

I'll post the new recordings with me playing bass once they're in a finished form. I also tracked some bass on one of his older songs that's further along. I'm not sure which will see the light of day first. Here are some from the band I sing/play guitar in. The second is more recent, and...
Back
Top Bottom