Recent content by MartinG

1. MartinG

Anti-skating vs. "lateral balance" on Sansui SR-2050

I'm sorry. I misread your post. I thought you were talking about the anti skate weight. My 2050C has gone to another home so I no longer have access to it or I'd measure the weight for you myself. Hopefully someone will chime in with the correct weight.
  2. MartinG

Anti-skating vs. "lateral balance" on Sansui SR-2050

Take a look at post #25 in this thread then follow along for the next few posts.
  3. MartinG

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Excellent. That's exactly what I needed. Thanks!
  4. MartinG

At the time all I got, if I recall correctly, was the board and a BOM.
  5. MartinG

As a lock down project I finally built the CNC phono. I bought the board in 2012. I've got it in a cigar box for now. Power is two 9v batteries. I want to add a power switch. My first thought was put the switch on one of the power rails but I notice that I get a little pop when installing...
  6. MartinG

Finally a functional stereo cabinet

Cheddarbob, Would you provide some details on the cabinets you have the 150FRs mounted in? I have a pair of these drivers and cannot really find any details on how big of a box they should be in or what sort of ports should be used or ....
  7. MartinG

Where do I find cardboard mailers for LPs?

I would take a look at Sleeve City or Bags Unlimited.
  8. MartinG

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

If I'm reading the resistors correctly mine are sent for 32dB.
  9. MartinG

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Thanks! That's what I'll do with mine as soon as I get the bench cleared off. :) I have the two tube version of the 6n3 preamp.
  10. MartinG

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

How did you lower the gain to 20dB? I've read that all you have to do is remove one resistor but then I've also seen a chart that indicates that you would have to also replace another resistor with a different value. What did you do?
  11. MartinG

What are your favorite 5 Live LP"S

Climax Blues Band - FM Live Loggins and Messina - On Stage The Grateful Dead - Live Dead (and Europe '72 and Dick's Pick 1 through X and .....) The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Live at Carnegie Hall Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby
  12. MartinG

If you could hear it again for the first time. . .

American Beauty is a good pick. I'd add Abbey Road and Climax Blues Band's FM Live. Very influential in my current musical tastes.
  13. MartinG

Thanks for posting about the 6n3 pre mated with the TPA3116. I had been running an unmodded...

Thanks for posting about the 6n3 pre mated with the TPA3116. I had been running an unmodded blue/black board with a stepped attenuator in our bedroom system. The mailman brought the little preamp yesterday afternoon (and dropped it on the concrete between the truck and the house). I hooked it...
  14. MartinG

Klipsch KG2

The X in the serial number denotes 1982. Hook 'em up and let us know how they sound!
  15. MartinG

Maggie Astro-Sonic high freq horns

If the one gadget73 has is not what you are looking for I've got a few of these too and would make the same offer (shipping cost only).
Back
Top Bottom