Recent content by Marty Socal

1. M

The orangish amber glow of Pioneer...

I switched out the lamps in my SX-780 to automotive 12V Natural Amber #194 bulbs, makes a nice night light, dimmer and more amber than they would be with the 8V clear incadescent lamps in place. Maybe a bit less load on the circuit, too.
  2. M

About to start on my SX-1010!

Thanks Mark! I'll leave it in for now, it tested OK on my cheap tester! Pics: I will post later! Gotta find a new webhost, Photobucket is worthless.
  3. M

I placed my order for parts but accidently forgot to order a replacement transistor for the 2SB507 on the power supply AWR-054 board. The list I used said it should be a MJE15033G. I installed MJE15032Gs at Q1 and Q7 in place of the original 2SD313s. Searching for interchanges of the 2SB507...
  4. M

Am I ready to drop in replacement STK’s?

Recapping two of these SX-780s myself, I found they really sound a lot better afterwards!! Well worth the time, effort and expense. If you do one channel at a time and test it in between with a mono source, you will see what I mean! Testing the old caps with a ESR meter you will find that...
  5. M

Any replacements for the KSA1220AYS?

Here's the data sheet for the KSA940TU: KSA940 Vertical Deflection Output Power Amplifier (mouser.com) Looks like theTTA004BQ is a closer match for HFE, correct?
  6. M

I'm looking to replace the 2SB528 Q4 and Q10 transistors on the AWH-032-D Amp boards on my SX-1010. I searched the 2SB528 on the board and saw this thread where the same transistor was recommended to be replaced by the KSA940: Pioneer SX-838 - approx. 50mV DC Offset after AWH-031-A rebuild |...
  7. M

Wondering if there is a suitable substitute, maybe in a T0-220 case? They be on backorder/end of life status at Mouser.
  8. M

Pioneer Receiver Padded Dust Cover?

Flexible clear vinyl/plastic used on Jeep soft top windows would work and it's fairly stiff. Local auto upholstery shops will have it as I suggested earlier, if that's the way you want to go. Tuck and roll might actually be pretty cool on a '50s tube amp! BUT if you do go down to TJ to get...
  9. M

Pioneer SX-6000 Bias Trim Pots.

Please let us know what you find!
  10. M

Pioneer SX-6000 Bias Trim Pots.

If you have the Pioneer service manual for it, they will show the Pioneer part number for the replacement. Search that part number number here, and if it's been used in more common units, there might be an interchange for it listed here.
  11. M

Pioneer sx1050 refurb. (Back where it all started for me)

Recap that equalizer board, too. Doing so made a big difference on my SX-1050 when I did it. Try recapping one channel first, then play the unit with preferably a mono source, and then you will really see the difference in tone side to side! I also recapped the electrolytics on my Tuner...
  12. M

Thanks!
  13. M

OK, looked through my TO-3 output transistor stash, I have the take outs from my SX-1050, the PNP from that was a NEC B539C the NPN was a D287C. The shorted TO-3s from the SX-1010 are two PNP 2SA679's. What I would ask is, will the SX-1050 PNP's work well enough for testing purposes or even...
  14. M

Perfect! thank you! To clarify: So I should remove the wire pins from the boards (To preserve the wire wraps) at 10 and 13, then run the recommended resister between the wires and pin 19? OR: Should I just add the recommended resister between pins 10 & 13 and pin 19 leaving the wires to...
  15. M

Petehall347, I have a few large assortments of 1/4W resistors, but no 1300 Ohm in the assortments. I have some 1/2W resistors in a large bag to check, but not sure it's a safe substitute going higher wattage. I have 1200 and 1500 ohm ones in the 1/4w assortments. I'll probably just order...
Back
Top Bottom