Recent content by MATT0404

1. MATT0404

ADS L1290 troubleshooting help

The biamp switch can be problematic on these models. Suggest you get a little Deoxit in there and work that switch back and forth many times to clean and remove any corrosion. If that doesn’t work, suggest you pull the crossovers and check the connection points. These speakers just use push on...
  2. MATT0404

Linkwitz Orion speakers - sound, worth?

I've owned a pair of these. Mine were the 3.3.1 SN version and were powered by a 6ch Rotel amp vs the ATI offered here. They were fantastic speakers. Incredible soundstage and imaging once dialed in. Mids and highs were very neutral in a natural, lifelike kind of way with a fully extended...
  3. MATT0404

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

They're very cool, Garry. Definitely one of a kind!
  4. MATT0404

These sound great, Garry! So cool to see (and hear) miniature L series surrounds. What drivers are you using in those? Really nice setup you have here! Sounds good, too.
  5. MATT0404

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Hmmm...the ones installed in my AX-2000 are 80v, 27,000uF.
  6. MATT0404

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Did a little spring cleaning on the controls and general check up on this beast today. All's well and sounding fantastic! Yamaha AX-2000
  7. MATT0404

Greetings from Southwestern PA

Welcome to the forums from just north of PGH!
  8. MATT0404

Post a picture of your turntable

Thanks! It is a great album. Easily one of my favorites. The 20X2L is my first Dynavector cartridge and, I gotta say, it's been an eye (or ear) opening experience. Easily outperforms the AT OC9XSL it replaced.
  9. MATT0404

Post a picture of your turntable

Working from home and spinning some DMB on my office system.
  10. MATT0404

More Barter Town updates!

This is great news and I've now re-subscribed. It would be great if the completed listing details weren't deleted. There's a ton of market data lost when the ads are wiped. P.S. - why is this thread in Turntables? It's taken me way too long (5 months) to learn this news.
  11. MATT0404

Ambience Reference 1800 - on a gamble

So good to hear this, Tim! Glad you got them dialed in and sounding great. Mine are still firmly planted as my reference speaker. Any time I think about spending exorbitant amounts of money to replace them, I simply sit in the sweet spot and listen to a few good recordings. It doesn’t take long...
  12. MATT0404

ADS L2030 Restoration

I was watching that auction. Guess the buyer of mine got a GREAT deal which makes me feel good. There's a lot of demand out there for 2030's. I would get "if you ever sell those" inquiries pretty regularly throughout my ownership. A few even mentioned cost-no-object to entice a sale.
  13. MATT0404

I had a strange feeling the pair you're getting would somehow tie back to the doctor in Ohio. The story you describe is almost exactly the same as I heard it while sitting in the room pictured above. It's my understanding that he ordered the GR 1800's after being thoroughly impressed by the...
  14. MATT0404

I hope you enjoy these Ambience Reference 1800's, Tim! Still can't believe you found a pair. Glad the PO had the original crates for safe transit. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions. A little background on this line of speakers. The Ambience Reference 1800 use stronger...
  15. MATT0404

Sorry to hear about the failure, but glad you got it sorted out. Looks and sounds great through the AR3's!
Back
Top Bottom