Recent content by matteos

1. matteos

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Doves - The last broadcast
  2. matteos

Doves - Lost Souls (Original UK pressing) It’s a back to back Doves kind of day today..
  3. matteos

Doves - The Universal Want Jimi Goodwin - Odludek
  4. matteos

Step Up Transformer with Moving Iron Cartridge????

I’m running my grado blue directly into my MM stage. It’s only the wood bodies I believe that have the option of low output as well as high output. Shame they’ve discontinued the blue as it’s a great cart.
  5. matteos

Stan Getz/Laurindo Almeida
  6. matteos

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Some painters tape would be a good idea, you’re right.
  7. matteos

Yep, that’s the stuff I don’t want to wreck!
  8. matteos

So I bought a Japanese Denon DP-75 for $100. Supposedly it powers up and spins (not sure if it keeps speed) but “is missing parts”. I’m thinking best case I can clean it up, (and boy does it need cleaning up!) and get it working fully and drop it in my $100 Denon DK-2000 plinth. Worst case… I...
  9. matteos

That’s a pretty interesting looking plinth, cheap too! I can’t think too many people are making plinths for these Denon units, so that’s a pretty interesting looking option and I agree, with these units less may well be more since the motors really do stand alone.
  10. matteos

Power conditioners Snake oil?

I’ve got two of these - Panamax 5510 AC Regenerator. These are really great. They have an isolation transformer in them to connect lower powered stuff to (can’t plug an amp through there). It did clean up my digital, and I didn’t realize it could get cleaner. Definitely a worthwhile...
  11. matteos

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
  12. matteos

I think I like the 80 a little more though, it sounds a little fuller. Having said that I think this unit has seen a service and the 75 has not, and that might explain the difference in itself.
  13. matteos

Well I switched out my DP-75 for my DP80. Just kept the same plinth, arm etc the same in my setup. The 80 is noticeably a little heavier than the 75. Thanks to the pitch control on the 80 I can get the speeds a little better. Haven’t listened to it yet though, I reckon it won’t sound much...
  14. matteos

Yamaha GT-2000 from Japan, or TD-125 locally?

I’ve not always had good results buying off eBay from Japan. Mostly it has been fantastic, good sellers, good packing and very pleasant to deal with. The last two items were from Samurai-electronics and Uptail-shop and both arrived quickly with good packaging. But other experiences have been...
  15. matteos

Ah, looks like I got an early version then!
Back
Top Bottom