Recent content by maxjr

1. maxjr

polk monitor 11?

Very very nice. I just picked up a pair of sda-1b Can't wait to get them home.
  2. maxjr

sa-6500 noise

Has done it two times, once with radio and also with turntable. I took it out of rack and hooked up different equipment in basement and it worked fine all evening. I am surprised the jbls still work as Loud as it was. I never just turned it off/on. Volume had no effect. , it would stop if you...
  3. maxjr

sa-6500 noise

Hi all My SA-6500 last night started putting out a very loud 60 cycle hum, went to turn it off and touched it and it stopped. Any ideals? Thanks
  4. maxjr

Td-166-II hum

Thanks for the help thay do need changing, Found out what my problem was on the low output and distortion the cartridge pins had this black tarnish on them cleaned and it sounds great. Small strip magic eraser worked great on the pins. thanks
  5. maxjr

Td-166-II hum

Well moved everything around no hum, Now right side lower output and distortion Geez cleaned connections low output no hum. switched L & R same channel could it it be cartridge stanton 881s or cables or caps or all. One question I have been wanting to ask my home does not have the 3 wire...
  6. maxjr

Td-166-II hum

I need some help have a td-166 II Has been setting for a few years I set it up works fine. This morning turn it on get a hum out of left channel turn it off and on works fine, Then mid album hum both sides Is this a ground problem or something with turntable??
  7. maxjr

kr4070 info needed

Thanks Richk1 Need to check the old fluke I was getting a high reading on those pins unless something else is going on.
  8. maxjr

kr4070 info needed

Does anyone know what the voltage and rating should be for the stereo indicater bulb for the kr4070 have everything going but that bulb. I get a reading of 12.2v with station tuned. thanks :scratch2:
  9. maxjr

Twangfest official sign up thread

I will be there Jay looking forward to it will bring some goodies. John
  10. maxjr

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

My first set Kef corellis small and sweet' JBL L-88 Easy on the old ears
  11. maxjr

wharfedale w90

Thanks guys will do
  12. maxjr

wharfedale w90

Hi all found a set of w90s guy is asking 250 each is that a good price if in good condition or great condition ??? will thay work ok with my 15 watt tube amplifier I just dont know. Thanks:scratch2:
  13. maxjr

wharfedale super 60

Hi all Have a freind that found a set of these speakers Can not find any info?? Thanks
  14. maxjr

pilot sa232

Thanks for the info will do. Jaymanaa did a fantastic job of rebuilding it I do not want to mess it up Thanks
  15. maxjr

pilot sa232

Hi all Can I safely hook a set of kg-4 speakers at 4 ohms to the 8 ohm tap on a sa-232 Thanks John:scratch2:
Back
Top Bottom