Recent content by Maxmano356

1. Maxmano356

Speaker build question

Thanks for the suggestions. But the reason I want to use a vintage table is I want to match the grain / color and patina of the existing speaker. New veneer would not work unless I did both enclosures and that's above my pay-grade! I really dig the aged vibe of this enclosure. My main...
  2. Maxmano356

Speaker build question

I recently found the speaker of my dreams! I'm really into the aesthetic look of speakers. Problem is that there is only one speaker and the probability of finding a mate is one in a billion. So my question to all speaker builders / woodworkers is... Can I build a similar enclosure out of...
  3. Maxmano356

JBL L166 Grill Glue?

We're talking about gluing an ABS plastic type grill (JBL called the material APP) to a plastic frame. There is no cloth involved. The trick is to use a glue that will not squeeze out of the holes in the grill. This is what I found on L.H. site: "Remove the front part of the grill from the...
  4. Maxmano356

Help with diagnosing small woofer noise

Thank you all. I thought that was the issue. However, they make that sound when mounted inside the enclosure. Not as noticeable - but I can still hear it. I guess the real issue is that the volume at which the distortion starts is not that loud. At softer levels the speakers sound great but...
  5. Maxmano356

Help with diagnosing small woofer noise

Hello - I have a pair of Goodman's Maximus 2's that have double 4 1/2" woofers. They sound great at low volume but turn it up too much and i get a horrible sound with heavy drum beats or bass slaps. Spider looks intact. Am I asking too much from this little woofer, or is something else going...
  6. Maxmano356

Jbl 066 tweeter

I just sprayed the dome. I cut a circle out of a thick piece of paper to cover the face and very lightly misted the dome until fully covered. BTW - the dome was a yellow 8 ohm Chinese phenolic aftermarket and the paint adhered really well. It measured the same as the original and I can't hear...
  7. Maxmano356

Jbl 066 tweeter

I have researched a lot of different aluminum spray paint for 066's. This is the one that matched best for me. The one on left is original - on the right is sprayed with Weicon.
  8. Maxmano356

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

My wife likes to photograph cats - So she named him Whiskey. As in "another shot of Whiskey".
  9. Maxmano356

Lafayette Speaker Identification

A400 's got it!
  10. Maxmano356

Is it time for a separate "Heads Up On Gear Listings" forum?

Silvernutsaq - For the record, I have visited D&S nearly everyday for the last 5 years. It is my evening relaxation to read about scores and good deals. But I constantly think the same thing that you proposed. I just looked at page 2 of D&S and found 20 of the 26 threads were from KiM3Ce. I...
  11. Maxmano356

Denon POA-1500 lighting issue

I installed the DGJWOJO lamp longevity kit in my Denon POA1500 - but am having issues. Install of resistors, transistors and lamps went smoothly and 1st set of three lamps lights up nice and bright but the second set of lamps are only lighting at maybe half power. Anyone have an idea of how to...
  12. Maxmano356

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Mar 23, 2011
  13. Maxmano356

Help Needed – Denon POA-1500 premature lamp failure

WillDo - Yes, I agree schematic does show 28V 40mA for all 10 bulbs. However, there is an upgrade path that eliminates premature bulb failure as out lined in this post from AK User dodog - Denon POA-1500, Fixing Premature Lamp Failures. It involves swapping out 2 transistors and 2 resistors...
  14. Maxmano356

Help Needed – Denon POA-1500 premature lamp failure

I bought the lamp longevity kit from DGWOJO. I am a total beginner of all things electronic. I can kind of trace a schematic but really can’t read it too well. I have a DMM but not sure how to use it to test components but I thought this shouldn’t be too hard. I can solder at the basic level...
  15. Maxmano356

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

Actually had a couple MW6600x's - but they were sold a few months back.
Back
Top Bottom