Recent content by MBlue72

1. M

Very excited - just picked up an MC7300

Matt: Congrats. I have the same setup (C52 driving a MC7300). It's a great combination. In my case, they drive a pair of Klipschorns. Most of my listening is using the USB input (FLAC files) but occasionally vinyl or cassettes. Dave
  2. M

Bill -- Thanks for letting me know these comments are public. Duh.

Bill -- Thanks for letting me know these comments are public. Duh.
  3. M

Hi Bill ... I am located in Michigan, not too far from Ann Arbor. Thanks for the offer. I will...

Hi Bill ... I am located in Michigan, not too far from Ann Arbor. Thanks for the offer. I will keep that in mind but it is unlikely I will be that way. PS ... This is my first PM ... I hope I'm doing this right!
  4. M

Does anyone in New Enlgand have a MEN220 I can audition?

Thanks for your quick replies. The only thing I don't love about my Klipschorns is their directionality. But when there are horns or brass involved ... wow. I listen to classical music and the K-Horns driven by McIntosh equipment are really special -- at least for me. I've had the K-Horns for 23...
  5. M

Does anyone in New Enlgand have a MEN220 I can audition?

I am wondering if a MEN220 can help me in my situation. I have a McIntosh C37 preamp and MC7300 amp (both purchased new in 1992 but still in terrific condition) driving a pair of Klipschorns. The K-Horns are in good square corners but for several reasons, I cannot place my listening chair in the...
  6. M

How old were you when you got your first McIntosh?

44 ... a C37 preamp and MC7300 amp. Purchased new at The Stereo Chamber in Orchard Park, NY. I still use these terrific components daily. It's hard for me to believe it ... but now almost 23 years ago. How can that be?
  7. M

McIntosh D150

FYI ... I read elsewhere that the price will be ~$3000.
  8. M

McIntosh D150

Same DAC chip as D100. Has USB that accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD and DXD. Very interesting. http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=newproducts&ProductId=D150 Dave
  9. M

Which Ripper for FLAC

I also use dBpoweramp and rip only to FLAC. The developer (and users) are extremely helpful and very timely on their forum. I've been extremely satisfied. I now have about 2000 CDs ripped -- all using dBpoweramp. Dave
  10. M

Upgrade to MC452 ... what can I really expect?

Thanks for all your input. The background here is that my system is made up of good quality components (McIntosh, Klipsch, Nakamichi) purchased new and well cared for – but now 20-25 years old. I am retired and spending more time enjoying my music collection. I am in a position to spend...
  11. M

Upgrade to MC452 ... what can I really expect?

Hello, I currently have a MC7300 amp, purchased new in 1992 and “babied” for the last 22 years. I am wondering what “real world” improvements in sound quality I would get from an upgrade to a MC452? The MC7300 sounds pretty great to me. Anyone else out there that has made a similar jump...
  12. M

List your Klipsch speakers

Hello, Klipschorns (walnut) ... 1 pair Purchased new from The Speaker Shop in Amherst, NY 6-23-90 (a very, very good day) Dave
  13. M

Have C37 … Considering D100 vs. C2500 vs. __? Advice please.

Thanks all – your comments are appreciated. twiii – once I settle on a strategy and implement it (D100 or C2500 or C50) I may try other ‘phones. I really like my HD800s but we’ll see. And I do like the remote control capability on my C37. I had the idea that I didn’t want to put wear and...
  14. M

twiii and MORTIS – thanks for your comments. Yes, I have been fully satisfied with the C37 but was wondering what I might be missing compared with modern preamps such as C2500/C50. I’m glad to hear your impressions that the C37 is considered to be good quality. I do love the six tone...
  15. M

Hello, I’m currently using a C37 preamp, purchased new in 1992. It’s in terrific shape and I’ve been fully satisfied with its performance for these last 22 years. I have two questions and would appreciate any feedback and advice … Q1 … Unlike other vintage preamps, there seems to be hardly...
Back
Top Bottom