MCM_Fan's Recent Activity

1. MCM_Fan replied to the thread KEF 104/2 Wiring Harness Question.

Just use a flat bladed screwdriver or a plastic putty knife to gently pry back the locking tab. If you just slide a flat bladed...

Feb 23, 2018 at 5:11 PM
  2. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Mid Century Speaker ID needed.

Assuming the original drivers are still in place, I'm going with Stevens Trusonic. As @Sandstrom pointed out, that tweeter level...

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:46 AM
  3. MCM_Fan liked GChief's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

All 3 of my dealings have been with past their warranty used items and they where stellar!!!

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:04 PM
  4. MCM_Fan liked ictwoody's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

Learn from me then: I purchased a Schiit Saga preamp. Got it. Set it up... horrible distortion/buzz from it. Figured it was a bad...

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:46 PM
  5. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Rectilinear III Highboy Project.

Hard to blame JBL on this one. More like innocent victims of 20 years of improper storage. At least the previous owner had stored them...

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:34 PM
  6. MCM_Fan liked Alobar's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

Not so much.. Had there actually been a "known issue" it might have had merit, but this was just sour grapes and lashing out in a public...

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:50 PM
  7. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Rectilinear III Highboy Project.

Done: [IMG] They were an even better example of of some crossovers that needed recapped. Before: [IMG] [IMG] After: [IMG]

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:44 PM
  8. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Speaker Surrounds - Best source?.

Paul, Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your extensive knowledge with us. I'm just a DIY hobbyist. For me, I don't do...

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:53 PM
  9. MCM_Fan liked Alobar's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

And that's fine, they made the choice to help you. However if they had not, would it have been righteous to go on a public forum and cry...

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:10 PM
  10. MCM_Fan liked Alobar's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

How quickly would that $99 bargain dac become much more expensive if Schiit were to implement McIntosh type of customer service? There...

Feb 22, 2018 at 12:44 PM
  11. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

You put that last sentence in quotations marks, but I suspect it's not an actual quote from anyone who works for the manufacturer....

Feb 22, 2018 at 12:43 PM
  12. MCM_Fan liked will1960's post in the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

What is the magic number here? If I read your comment correctly, at 9 months out of a generous two year warranty, on a $100 device,...

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:34 AM
  13. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Another dissapointment from another U.S. manufacturer: Schiit.

I see no evidence from the OP that the DAC is indeed defective. It won't work with his PC and his operating system. There are other...

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM
  14. MCM_Fan replied to the thread RCA switch box.

I picked it up off eBay a few years ago. You can find them there, but eBay links are only allowed in Dollars and Sense. Try doing a...

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM
  15. MCM_Fan replied to the thread Rectilinear III Highboy Project.

Thanks for the reply. I think a fresh coat or two of Danish oil may do the trick. I remember some uneven spots on the top of one, not...

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:53 PM