Recent content by mcp1

1. mcp1

Quad VA One

One more pic.
  2. mcp1

Quad VA One

I’ve been listening to this for a few days in a bedroom system driving Ryan R610’s and I have to say I’m loving it so far. It’s been a while since I have listened to tubes, but the warmth and sense of space along with such a spooky rendering of voices is very appealing to me. I was a little...
  3. mcp1

Some basic streaming questions

I have been using Sonos for several years and have enjoyed it’s intuitive app. My primary source for Music is Tidal Hifi, with a smattering of Sirius, my own rips, and internet radio. What's bothering me is that Sonos doesn't allow me to take advantage of hi-rez. I was thinking about changing...
  4. mcp1

Dahlquist DQ-28 $325 Syracuse, NY Craigslist

One of the cabinets is a little beat up and it was difficult to judge them hooked up to a Pioneer HT receiver that was having problems of its own. Seller was pretty firm on price so I took a pass.
  5. mcp1

Dahlquist DQ-28 $325 Syracuse, NY Craigslist

Going to listen to them today. If in nice shape, any idea about a fair price? $250?
  6. mcp1

Rega DAC Frequency indicator

I just bought a used Rega DAC and was wondering why the frequency indicator shows 44.1k - 48k when I stream internet radio and Sirius XM through my Sonos via coax connection. I always thought that these formats streamed at much lower rates...
  7. mcp1

New grills for Rectilinear III lowboys

Your absolutely right, nude is the way to go because those grills seem to block the highs. Looking at them that way was my motivation for making the new grills.
  8. mcp1

I have owned the RIII's for some time and have come to realize a few things about them. I have tried every imaginable combination, high power, low power...mine sound best in a smaller room and not pushed too hard. My best experiences in this scenario have been with the H/K 430, Marantz 1070 and...
  9. mcp1

I did drill into them. I'm not worried about resale because I don't think I'll ever sell them. I'm sure you could do Velcro corner pieces.
  10. mcp1

Here is the link for the kit I used. I also ordered the fabric and a second set of corner pieces from PE. http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-speaker-grill-frame-kit--260-346
  11. mcp1

The crossovers were recapped a few years ago and they sound terrific. Matched with the Marantz, it is my favorite system to listen to.
  12. mcp1

I was never happy with the lattice grills on my lowboys. So, I bought a kit from parts express and built new grills this weekend. Thought I would share this pic as the project was pretty simple. I really like the way they turned out. This kit would work best on large speakers.
  13. mcp1

A nice pair...

I've been away from the vintage game for a couple of years, but recently converted my upstairs office to a little music room, so I moved my Rectilinear lowboys up there and posted a wanted ad on CL for a integrated amp. I got a response from a fellow who wanted to buy a shotgun for hunting...
  14. mcp1

Fair price for Klipsch KG 4.5's in nice condition?

Oak finish, nice cosmetic condition. What is a fair price?
  15. mcp1

Maranz 1070/1060 pre out/main in board

Yes, and thus, my question. Thanks for the info.
Back
Top Bottom