Recent content by mdross1

1. M

Audio Signal Generator

Looking for a portable audio signal generator one that will sweep 20hz to 20khz without breaking the bank. Recommendation would sure help. A CD would work not having any luck finding one on the web. Mike
  2. M

Why I Rarely Re-Cap My Vintage Receivers

I feel your pain, we have a two different receivers one is 30 yrs the other near 40yrs old have been considering the same thing. Talking to those in the repair business have said hold off wait till I start hearing not normal things. I do have a 70 yr old Heathkit power amp that is getting a...
  3. M

What's the best audio item you've donated to a thrift store?

Last year donated two CD players one of them a carosel player, a receiver, electronic test gear, a bunch of patch cords.
  4. M

Solid State and Tube Listener Challenge

It is a lot of fun years ago participated in the same thing was able to try a couple of my favorite songs, back then the format was 45's. What I saw was one amp seemed to stand out playing rock n roll while another was better at softer music. We also realized there was so many factors that...
  5. M

Upgrading rack mount gear

Presently remodeling kitchen and bathroom this system is in the room where a lot of the work is going on. I built the cabinet it has a panic switch, fan cooled with filter, also built another matching cabinet to house mixer, turntables, cables, etc. The speaker stack top is a modified...
  6. DSCN2291

DSCN2291

This is one of the speaker stacks, top horn is modified Klipsch, middle is modified Klipsch LaScalla, bottom is Bill Fitzmaurice Tuba horn sub
  7. DSCN2294

DSCN2294

This is the rack system I'm upgrading, the receiver being the first then the CD player. The cabinet I custom built with a panic switch,fan cooling through filters. Have a matching cabinet I built to carry mixer, turn tables, cables, etc.
  8. M

Thank you all for the responses but I found all the rack mount gear I need to replace the old gear Thank you Mike
  9. M

Looking to replace the receiver that's acting as a mixer with a rack mount piece also want to find a decent rack mount am fm tuner.
  10. M

Stereo audio mixer/pre-amp rack mount

Really amazed at having such a hard time finding this piece of gear. I have receiver using the pre-amp section to control home entertainment ctr. I'm trying to find piece of rack mount gear to plug in cd player, phono, and tuner with mic input. If I have to purchase used and have it...
  11. M

Thank you for the response, I want to replace the Technics with a rack mt mixer, we used to call them pre-amps/intergrated amp to be able to switch formats tuner, cd player, phone etc. The Technics would be a backup and Pioneer we use in a different room, are both great pieces worth refreshing...
  12. M

We live in So Maine my primary piece because of it's functionality and I have had it near 30 yrs. A Technics SA-R377 receiver being used as preamp and it's tuner in a bi-amped system. If I could replace it with an identical new piece would in a minute. Also have a Pioneer VSX-D1S receiver that...
  13. M

I've thought about refreshing my gear but where would I even begin to look for the techs to do that kind of work?
  14. M

It has been a while but now that it is winter up North spending a lot more time listening music on our vintage gear. A lot of it is over 30yrs. old so it is time to think about a few upgrades. Who offers rack mount stereo gear specifically intergrated amp, and tuner for example? I have spent...
  15. M

How long have you had your oldest (in your possession) component/speaker?

Good one. We still own equipment from the late 60's early 70's. Also own many pieces of Heathkit gear some of it still in use knock on wood. We got so much enjoyment assembling all the gear and music (records cassettes even 8 tracks) it is next to impossible to get rid of it.
Back
Top Bottom