medosmas
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sherwood S-5500 tube amp.
    Just came across this amp, opened it up and turned it on, the front silver canister started to smoke, felt warm also. are these parts readily available if this canister is bad? what do i look for as far as identifying the part? some of the writing i can't see maybe if i remove the metal strap holding it?
    Today I came across a 9304 magnavox amp, that works well except after a minute or so it's starts to make a hum sound, goes away if I unplug the white rca cable and put it back on, but comes back again. With all the info on this forum I was able to add a fuse and power switch. But now I can't seem to figure out the problem, could it be some bad caps that need replacing?
    So yesterday i found this amp that i want to maybe, make a wood enclosure and add an ipod dock, my question is, the power switch has been added it seems so the green light turns on but nothing else like the tubes. there's a cord on the side to maybe turn a phono? is there a way to make a loop so it can turn on if that's the case. not an electronics expert by no means, i can solder but don't know schematics. it dont' see A brand, just numbers on the power transformer. some people here are good and can probably guide me by just looking at some photos. hope this amp is not way over my head. Or maybe the tubes out?

http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/jeansjeansjeans1/media/audio/tubeamp005.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    Does anybody have schematics for a silvertone 528-59391 amp from a console. I hope somebody does.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom