Recent content by Mellotronix

1. Mellotronix

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Sweet looking rig. Pretty sure it sounds amazing too!
  2. Mellotronix

Howdy Doody friends--Took advantage of Sennheiser's $200 price drop on their HD660 s2 headphones. Ordered them from Amazon at midnight and they were at my door by noon. Listening to Jennifer Warnes' impressive Famous Blue Raincoat from the late 80's on 45 rpm vinyl. These are the first non...
  3. Mellotronix

Happy Saturday friends--spent the week in Steamboat. Gorgeous blue skies, decent skiing. Plenty of snow, but it takes awhile to soften up this time of year, so you can sleep in to about 9 AM and be cruising downhill by 10:30. Got this Bee Gees album spinning. Pics. My beard goes wild up in the...
  4. Mellotronix

Mike Oldfield. Return to Ommadawn. His last and probably his best album. From 2017. Somewhere I have the DVD version with a 5.1 mix, but I prefer the stereo vinyl version.
  5. Mellotronix

Greetings and Salutations Friends! Listening to The Minstrel in the Gallery. Been very busy helping a couple of local artists get their songs recorded, mixed and mastered in time for Easter. Just finishing my last project. Going back to Steamboat this Sunday for a week. Got some new ski boots to...
  6. Mellotronix

Track #18. From a Lowell George tribute concert. Actually, LG didn't write that particular song, but obviously he sang the lead.
  7. Mellotronix

Linda Ronstadt does a blistering live version of All That You Dream on that record that slays me every time I hear it. She did a few other Lowell George songs during her career.
  8. Mellotronix

Best new album of 2024 so far...and I've only heard the first 3 songs:rflmao: Raconteurs. Consolers of the Lonely. Just dropped today.
  9. Mellotronix

Moving right along. Toto. Hydra. Their best and hardest rocking album.
  10. Mellotronix

Put on your Sailin' Shoes. Love those guys. That's the only Lowell George period Little Feat that I don't have on vinyl. I think I left it at my cousin's house in Studio City:-( May have to find another copy. Wish I could still drink some Rye, but I'm on year 50 of my journey with diabetes. Not...
  11. Mellotronix

Gettin psyched for the new Raconteurs album to drop later this month. The white one is Help us Stranger from 2019. And the Jack White fun continues with Lazaretto. This album plays backwards. You drop the needle at the end of side one and the needle moves towards the edge of the record...
  12. Mellotronix

When are we going to make the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday? Combine MLK, President's Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day into one big Monday in February. Gave up skiing this weekend to do 4 sets with the band. At this stage of my life, I'd rather play music and hang out with...
  13. Mellotronix

Quad mixes are cool because they are truly discreet--not much subtlety to the ones from the 70's! Steven Wilson chooses the artists and the albums that he wants to remix--not the other way around. They are all of his favorite bands and I think he could easily talk his buddies Ian Anderson...
  14. Mellotronix

Saw that band when I was a grad student at Univ. Wyo. Ten years earlier when I was an undergrad, we got ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon, Waylon Jennings, and Harry Chapin. Nothing against The Outfield, I mean they were decent, but that's a considerable downgrade from ZZ Top:-)
  15. Mellotronix

Got the mono deck fired up for some Beatles...in M O N O. Ringo is really assertive with the cymbals on this record. And that REL sub is barely moving. Paul tried to get George Martin to employ some Hitsville style bass. To no avail. Not buying the AI/digitally rejigged collections. The...
Back
Top Bottom