melofelo
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• P.S if you're ever curious about trying a tripole cartridge let me know and I'll put one of the bodies aside I have and a brand new old stock Eagle ps 750sx stylus. I sent a stylus to Treker over xmas as he was having trouble locating anything better than a generic elliptical (which he wasn't impressed by) and having tried the akai pc-100 (acutex clone) with the eagle stylus..I think he hit nirvana within the first few hours run in...
    That sounds like a great front end John. Hope you have many happy hours enjoying the music. Its all too easy to forget why we go to such lengths to have great gear. I bet that Stanton is well and truly singing now :eek:)...Enjoy all your hard work! Hm I must dig out some vinyl soon...so much to do so little time.... :eek:) happy days indeed.
    Your timeline of sometime after July for the Akai is very much in line with my thinking. I haven't got anything going on over here as a project I can post about. However I am having a good time listening to some of my favourite 'vinyl records' !!! - on my Thorens TD-160S + SME IIIS + Stanton 881S + BRAND NEW stylus from LPgear - I hadn't wanted to use the worn out stylus I had on the Stanton - but now I am really loving the sound again. - happy days.
    Hi Marcus, Yes I can do that for you - but as you say later in the year will be better for me - Thanks !
    Hi Melfelo, Any connection with the band Mellow Fellows? I see your profile pic is of an Akai APxx turntable strobe and speed area. I'm trying to find a manual for an Akai AP206 or similar. Can you help? Thanks, Mark.
    I saw in a posting that you have a Hitachi ST-5500 tuner... Could you give me some guidance on how to set the station memory - seems wonky, and I can't get it to store my favourites with any degree of accuracy or repeatability.
    If you have the time... Many thanks.
    Hal Hagan - hal.hagan@3web.com
    i'm not sure what specification oil works best, but the original oil that came with my turntable seemed about 10w40 grade viscosity so i just used 3in1 oil when it can time to change it..since then i've also tried 10w40 engine oil and it seems to do the trick..
    any good quality turntable oil recommened for michell,linn systemdek currently available on ebay should be ok..better the wrong grade oil than no oil at all as my mechanic often says..
    Hi
    I read that you used to have a RD80.
    Myne needs an oil change but I am not sure what type of oil to use.

Can you please advise ?

Best regards

Ricardo
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom