Recent content by mgosdin

1. mgosdin

Power conditioners Snake oil?

Just this morning got a new Panamax M8-AV to replace an older Monster AV Power Conditioner that was a Thrift find. I've been using Power Conditioners for the past decade plus here in Florida. The power here is noisy, likely due to the annual storms, and the Conditioners make a noticeable...
  2. mgosdin

Please.....help!!! Anyone recognize this logo?

We got a very similar pair of speakers from Goodwill last year, minus the SSS logos, and when we opened them up we were greeted by Coral stamped on the full range speakers. Needless to say they are doing workshop duty for my son and sound quite good. Mark Gosdin
  3. mgosdin

Upgraded from MacMini to Mac Studio

Feels good when things work out, doesn't it? :cool: Mark Gosdin
  4. mgosdin

Jon Stewart is coming back to “The Daily Show”

He has nothing to say that I am interested in hearing. Will continue to listen to my music and leave the politicking to others. Mark Gosdin
  5. mgosdin

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

No, by "Wall Wart" I mean one of those blocky plug in power supplies that you get with devices like the Nintendo DS that cause my turntable to hum. Never occurred to me that the term Wall Wart would be a mystery. What I get for being old. Mark Gosdin
  6. mgosdin

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

Another thing to look at regarding the Phono hum, the switching "Wall Wart" power supplies can cause hum. They don't have to be real close to the Phono Pre or on the same AC Circuit. One hummer that we had here was caused by a Nintendo power supply in the next room. Was cured by a better...
  7. mgosdin

Radio Shack, Battery of the Month Club~!

I used Radio Shack as a parts source for decades. Crystals for Scanners, Kit Boxes, Resistors & Pots. Had a belt drive LAB-200 (?) turntable and a 5 Band EQ, long since traded or given away. When I restarted with Audio here in Florida I was a heavy buyer of RCA Cables from them. I got one of...
  8. mgosdin

What's your preference? Silver or black faceplates

Prefer Silver for aesthetics. I use both happily. Mark Gosdin
  9. mgosdin

Does vinyl suck? Does audio tape suck too?

This past spring I found the mythical $30 Turntable at a garage sale. Realistc LAB-400, it looked rough but was mechanically sound. It took me a month or so to get it cleaned up and equipped with a good cartridge & stylus. I had it playing the Chicago at Carnegie Hall live album when my All...
  10. mgosdin

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro, is it a real amp?

I've got an Aiyima A07 paired with a set of Radio Shack Optimus Pro 77's that I rebuilt with Madisound woofers. Excellent sound quality fed by a PicorePlayer RPI Zero W. Plays as loud as I can stand and only gets vaguely warm. Been running a pair of Aiyima Mono Amps for several years with a...
  11. mgosdin

Schiit Lokius

I have all these XLR cables that I've been collecting over the past few years. Gee, I wonder why? ;) Mark Gosdin
  12. mgosdin

Realistic receiver barn find

Wow. Just wow. Mark Gosdin
  13. mgosdin

Is DVD-Audio dead?

Got it. Thanks! Mark Gosdin
  14. mgosdin

AK Member Binkman has Passed.

RIP. He will be missed. Mark Gosdin
  15. mgosdin

Denafrips Enyo not reading optical

Old School Full Reset. We sometimes forget that all these digital devices are, at heart, computers. Also, I assume you have tried a different optical cable or even better several cables. I've seen a DAC's interface be picky about what cable it will work with. Mark Gosdin
Back
Top Bottom