Recent content by mibag6

1. M

210 receiver

Not a lot of info to go on. Did it work before changing fuses? Did you clean surfaces of the fuse holders?
  2. M

Vintage JBL Nova

I don't know how Aus prices are but that seems extremely high to me. Maybe $300-$800 in US
  3. M

New member in Minnesota

FP is where I stop, usually those 3 and the Forest Lake GW when I go to visit my daughter in Richfield.
  4. M

New member in Minnesota

Welcome to AK! I stop at that thrift store occasionally if that's the one in the old outlet mall. They've had a few items there that have caught my eye but I didn't buy. A Pioneer SX 434 and a pair of ADS L520 speakers. Receiver looked alright and wasn't over priced. Speakers were a little rough...
  5. M

Messaging issue?

Seems the message came via private chat and is accessible through the Alert icon but doesn't give an email notification?
  6. M

Messaging issue?

I received a message from a fellow AKer yesterday to which I replied but now, neither the original message nor my reply appears in my Conversations and I never did receive the usual email notification of the original message. Is there an issue with the messaging system?
  7. M

Resurrecting a Non-Working HH Scott 299C (Retitled)

Somewhere on this site is a nice rebuild schematic for the Scott LK72 with mods to make it basically an LK72B which has bias and balance pots. I installed the extra pots on an LK72 and made the other mods and had very satisfactory results. The schematic indicates a replacement resistor just past...
  8. M

Resurrecting a Non-Working HH Scott 299C (Retitled)

Pin 5 V102 should read -46V so yes the negative voltage is correct. Being connected in series you should see about a 10 to 12v drop across each subsequent 12ax7. Of course your actual voltages will vary somewhat with whatever your line voltage happens to be.
  9. M

Name that speaker?

I believe you got it. Thanks!
  10. M

Name that speaker?

Need ID, TIA
  11. M

2385 Distortion

Same here and the the best parts of this procedure are, it's free and you don't have to move the great beastie!
  12. M

2385 Distortion

I recommend this here occasionally and it frequently will clear up such issues. Operate all the pushbuttons and rotary switches, one at a time, several operations each with the unit on at low volume. My 2385 will clear up after minimal monkey business just operating the switches, maybe yours...
  13. M

HK 330C color restoration?

I just wasn't sure what the material is. Is it paint or vinyl? It has a coarse patterned texture which suggests vinyl.
  14. M

HK 330C color restoration?

I have one of these in overall good cosmetic condition but the black coating on the cabinet is somewhat faded. What can be done to restor the finish to it's original black? TIA
  15. M

Speaker ID/drivers?

Might attempt some trading with individual. 2 speakers and cabinet loaded with a AA100 amp, AJxx tuner and a Garrard tt. I believe the cabinet was about half the width of the one pictured in the ad.
Back
Top Bottom