Recent content by Micah McDowe

1. M

How do you buy a Magnepan?

Heard back from them today. They were very nice, and my order is in. Expected in approx. 14 weeks :( I assume they are swamped right now.
  2. M

How do you buy a Magnepan?

I decided to pull the trigger on a pair of Magnepan LRS. Put in an "online purchase request" on their site on June 27 and never heard back other than an automated form email. Called the next day to inquire, phones went to voicemail. Called again today, phone goes to voicemail that says to call...
  3. M

Help me get direction for my setup - weird requirements

Hello all, Trying to revamp things, and I'm lost in indecision. Currently have: Source: Pioneer PL-51 TT or NAD 5325 CD Preamp: NAD Monitor 1300 Amp: Eico AF-4 (little SET integrated) Speakers: Klipsch KG4 I'm fairly happy with the synergy of what I have, though I feel I'd be better served by...
  4. M

Rebuild or replace my KG4s?

Wow, you all seem pretty unanimous to dump the KG4s! Sad thing is how little they're worth on the market if they're not mint. Maybe I shall keep an eye out for some Fortes and donate the KGs to someone in need when the time comes.
  5. M

Rebuild or replace my KG4s?

Hello all, I've been enjoying my KG4 pair for a couple years with great success. However, they're starting to sound (and look) pretty tired. One diaphragm sounds a little raspy, and they don't match well from L to R, so something is amiss. The cabinets are rough; risers gone, corners chipped...
  6. M

Eico AF-4 Phono Preamp options, other questions

Hello all, I've been enjoying my AF-4 for many years with almost no maintenance other than some new caps and a thorough cleaning when I found it. I previously used it with digital sources, but lately I've been using it almost exclusively with a turntable. Since the AF-4 only has...
Back
Top Bottom